Back end coming out...??

VR GUY

Reaction score
I was out this morning in the rain and went round a mini roundabout about 25-30mph when my back end came flying out:wtf:, i managed to control it (more likely the t/c) but i was just suprised about it, it grips & grips in the dry so just wondered if this is normal in the wet, i've only had the car a week & the rear tyres are just some cheap make which i will be replacing soon anyway with something better so wondered if this was totally down to crappy tyres or if this normally happens in the rain....i would'nt have thought so tho':uhm:....S3 by the way !
Any suggestions for which tyres i should go for for everyday use (obviously wet & dry) would also be great.

Cheers

i still have cheap tyres on the back from when i brought the car and yes my rear end kicks out very easy in the wet/damp, not really to much a problem now you no it does it i find its really fun, but will replace all with toyo's when new tyres needed had these on my old car found them to be great wet and dry

Good to know its nothing more sinister than crap tyres, as S3KEV says it is a bit of fun if you know its coming aswell:yes:

how much you wanting to spend ?????if you want to save a few pennies i reccomend the falken FK452 very good wet or dry but if you dont mind paying a bit more id go for godyear eagle F1s

I run paradas spec 2's and they are twitchy as a twitchy thing in the wet but excellent in the dry

Thanks for the feedbak on tyres, those Falkens seem pretty good for the coin, read some good reviews & almost half the price of the goodyears !
Had enough of twitchyness already tho' want to corner with a bit more confidence in the wet/damp....afterall thats what the quattro system is all about, leaving all the 2wd boys in my spray:whistle2:

ive got bridgestones on st the moment and i gotta say they are spot on low road noise good wet and good dry handling i think they are profiler G's

I had this problem until i replaced the budget tyres for goodyear F1's. Wet and dry grip is excellent now

skint at the mo so put some falkens on the rear last week, and so far very impressed! Went around a tight right hander today at 60mph and they held great!
:applaus:

got a deal on the BF goodrich profiler G 225 45 17 4 tyres for 320 fitted at my local F1 autocentre in cheltenham the guys were spot on too