Volks AutosJMB Retrofits

Thread: S3 for sale

Neutral

Status

Question S3 for sale

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi...25BHP/1083060/

Alright lads, I'm usually over on the S6 forum, but I saw this little gem and was thinking of takin it for a spin (petrol is killin me on the big car and I'm always on the look out for something different).

A couple of lads on another forum at home reckon that it was originally a UK car, so I was wondering if anyone recognised it and knew some of its history.

Any info or comments would be great

Cheers

Mark
    Current:
    2001 Amulet Red A4 Avant Sport 1.9 TDi
    Gone:
    2000 Goodwood Green S6 Saloon 4.2 V8 340bhp
    2000 Reflex Silver Golf 1.9 GT TDi

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    It's expensive mate - even if it has the full MTM works, and if that is the case (big turbo) I cant imagine you will save that much in fuel...the standard S3 only gets avg. 28-29 mpg driven normally.

I am always wary of red cars - never know if the paint will match up or will fade to pink after a few years - though Audi red seems pretty good in this regard.
    51 plate Audi S3 - Silver with Bose, Symphony 2, Armrest and of course Rs4's.....

Ist Audi after 8 VW's in a line......

Driven/borrowed through work..RS4 Wagon, Focus ST3, Golf R32, Astra VXR..

Aky
    Aky

Status
    You could buy mine for less money.......

sixth gear

Status
    some good cars for sale right here in the classified section inc nogaro blue mtm s3 why not take a look you can pm the seller for more pics and info .
    S3 TUNED AT MRC

Lovely Sunshine

Status
    you could also buy mine for less money...
    chips remap, milltek exhaust, eibach springs, bailey dv, neuspeed tie-bars, BBS LMs, 15mm eibach spacers, lcr front splitter

A3 - 1.8Ts

Status
    your not getting mine though..lol
    Turbo Sport, Auto (I know!), A lot of 's -and rising [latest add: Recon'd. tranny] sunk in her since Aug. 07...

Neutral

Status
    Cheers lads for the replies but unfortunately unless you fancy an S6 as a trade in against your car and money to me, it wouldn't work for me.

I know there are cheaper cars out there but this one is down the road from me in Dublin and would be handy (i'm a lazy bugger sometimes) and they might take a trade in of my S6 (just waitin to see if the dealer is interested), which is currently averaging 18mpg, so the S3 would be frugal compared to the big girl, I can only dream of 28-30mpg at the minute. But theres no replacement for displacement.

Also the VRT with bringin a UK car into Ireland also nudges up the price a touch, but I do reckon that there would be a bit to haggle off the price with the dealer

I like red and with a decent coat of wax every few months the colour should stay lookin good for a long time

Not sure if it is the full MTM turbo kit, but I've asked the question of the dealer to see what he says, we shall see

Cheers

Mark
    Current:
    Gone:

Neutral

Status
    __
    Last edited by Plane; 20th June 2008 at 10:08.

Neutral

Status
    For the benifit of the UK lads.

In Ireland when a car is being registered we have to pay VRT.
    For example I went to my local tax office in January with my S3 that was on UK plates (bought in Southampton).
    I got my reg 02-KE-53. Now the price of VRT Vehicle Registration Tax was 3900 which at the time was 2600. In return we get NOTHING.

So when we buy a car in the UK, we bring it home and them we get screwed basically.

That is why that car looks so expensive.
    Audi S3
    MKI Golf GTI
    Clio 172 Track Car

Neutral

Status
    Well explained Plane, I got hit for it before when I brought in my Golf GT TDi that I got off the missus' brother from London, 3000yoyos just like that for the pleasure of importing a car.....buggers

Nice reg for the S3, there seems to be a few knockin around like that, looks cool
    Current:
    Gone: