Overheating?

Jay

Reaction score
Just had my car back from garage after having the thermostat replaced. The needle now seems to sit at 90 but climate control 49 still seems to be between 90 and 100. Fans dont seem to cut in aswell. Should I be worried or do i ignore the climate control reading?

I think the reading for the CC come from the CTS? Have you replaced that? It's only a 2 min job and they're nice and cheap.

Just had my car back from garage after having the thermostat replaced. The needle now seems to sit at 90 but climate control 49 still seems to be between 90 and 100. Fans dont seem to cut in aswell. Should I be worried or do i ignore the climate control reading?

my climate control reads -60 all the time so i wouldt trust it

Does your temp gauge sit at 90?

yeah it dose mate iv had the belt/pump done also the temp sender,

but the gauge is right and the cc says -60 strange i know

The thermostat opens and closes to regulate the temp of the coolant. They don't do this instantly, I can't say for sure this is the case and why the temp gauge doesn't oscillate a little to reflect this.

Is the 90-100 happening at regular intervals or does it have something to do with driving conditions. Pulling up at lights and losing airflow in the rad, I would expect the water temp to rise then fall again when you set off.

Short answer, I think this is normal.

Gavin

I really hope this is normal. It seems to be driving alot better.