has anyone tried this...

Thanks for the info Nev. Will I be able o get one that uses and S3 vent originally. I would want it to look as OE as possible.

Cheers

Has anyone bought one yet??

Nev, the vent you use in the pic is from a LCR yeah?? have you got any pics of one in a facelift S£ vent? as the dial is different and im sure it has i lip round the outside of it?
or when installing do i keep my vent dial? I've got the money waiting just want to be sure of the vent before i buy the gauge.

My thoughts entirely. I'm ready and waiting too if the vent is S3 Facelift.

Cheers

I am assuming the one in the pic is for applicable for an A3 vent...good work again

can someone post a pic of the other vent then, i will make them all the same so what you see in the pic is what you get, i have not got hold of any vents yet but feel free to start sending them over and i can crack on.

regards

I imagine my question got lost in with everything else, but does anyone know if the oil temp actually works, it's shown in one of the pics but is also listed as an issue? I'm also guessing that with an early S3 we might also not get the EGT?

just remembered this is an audi vent but the dial on the side is from my cupra, i sold mine when i did my old vent but kept the dial,

ill still go out and get some audi vents though,

cheers

I imagine my question got lost in with everything else, but does anyone know if the oil temp actually works, it's shown in one of the pics but is also listed as an issue? I'm also guessing that with an early S3 we might also not get the EGT?

On the car I tested (Colinra's) there was EGT but no oil temp, if you have a vag-com cable you can have a look and see of you have the sensors.

Pre facelift a3/S3 and leon vents are the same,we did a group buy on cupra net a while back for peps to update to facelift type,i would still like to see one in the middle drivers vent,because i use my side vent in the winter for demisting.Nev did you try to mount in a vent panel ala tt styley so that peps could have same trim options as tt versions?cheers Andy Ps could anyone do a photoshop mock up of what this might look like with ali/carbon or black finish, to save time?

Just to check, can you take MAF readings from the device??

I am going to go for one. Sadly, not this month. I need another month or two to come up with an excuse to tell the wife. There is no explaining that i got this free at the Scrappies' lol.... We will see, might just go for it if we can get a nice discount of 10% or so that was being talked about..

Think we need a check list again!!!

*brab3r
* Sitrials
* Recomdos
* Jons3
* Danotto
* Noggyds3
* Nicklght
* cjhill
* s90Gav
* Putang
* Stevieyid
* ANDYTQ
* s3 Rav
* Fishman85
* Shy19s
* Jimmy s3
* simch
* Wicked 666
*djakster
*s£

Please stick ya name under and ill add them to the list!!

Sorry but I'll have to come off the list for now. I really can't justify buying one while my car is still running badly.

Freegeek,

any prices for a non exchange vent. I would quite like to keep hold of the original?

Can you add me to the list. However I too want to keep my original vent so am waiting for this price to be quoted

guys,

i have tryed to keep it the same as the TT but it really looked odd just like ad stuck a piece of metal in there, it would be easyer for me as it would take half the time to do but i wouldnt have it like that in my car!!

guys,

when are we moving forward with this,
can we have a list updated of who wants a vent, exchange or NON exchange vents,

then if you can start sending your vents into me so i can get cracking,

many thanks
Nev

i'd like to see a pic of the vent fitted in the car with with it working as i'm sure would others

We have a bit of a chicken and egg problem here.

How about I do a massive discount for the first person to order. In return they need to take get some pics for fitting and installation instructions.

Anyone tempted!

I would like a vent on a non exchange basis please. Do we have a final idea on price for the whole shabang yet?

S£ has taken the lead and look forward to his pictures!!

Just ordered, I'm also meeting up with Nev on Sunday to poss get a vent and to have a look at his compared to a facelift vent and a chat about how hard it would be to mount in the cup holder area!

Hopefully i will have some pics up soon, and possibly some videos!!

Excitedly waiting ! :jump:

Cool, cant wait to see it myself and im not the one getting it on sunday lol

Would this work on a 1998 A4?

Probably, you can do a try out with vag com to see, if you can start up vag com and post up a screen shot of what you get when you select the engine management ecu, I will be able to give a better answer.

Once we have got the A3 guys up and running I plan to pop over to the A4 forum.

If it only connects to the Diag socket, i cannot see all features working with it as things like boost are not avaialbe on pre can modules. Damn !!!!