A3 1.8T Lowering?

DBXdarkangel

Reaction score
hey guys, im just about to order a lowering kit for my A3 1.8Turbo 1999.

im torn between a 30mm kit, a 40mm kit an ive also seen a 50/30 kit. has anyone got pics of the diff between a 30mm kit and a 40mm kit. just wanna see how low and if i should just go for a 30mm ride. ie been told by Damian @ DPM that 40mm 1.8T kitt will be the best but im worried as my local garage said in there experience you need to lower one end more than the other and looking at my original set up now, id say the gap from the front tire to the wheel arch in alot more than the back so id have thought if i lower it by lets say 30mm then the bigger gap at the front would be the same. (more than the back)

pic would be great..thanks in advance

I am pretty sure the gap increases at the rear if you have the hand brake on!!!

get the 40mm kit, i think you will find the 30mm kit not quite what your looking for. if you have any doubts about the 30mm kit def go for the 40. I wish i had gone for the 50mm kit now, think another 10 would look just right. Having said that i am still very happy with the 40...

here is a pic of mine with the 40mm kit...
05.jpg

thanks for the picture. i forgot to mention that ive got the same wheels as you but mine are 17" so would my car be closer to the ground if i go for the 40mm set up? here in devon theres **** loads of speed ramps an dont wanna rip off my sump.lol

only good pic I have...lowered 30mm on 17":

P1020943.JPG

P10209371.JPG

will try and get other ones later if possible. They are -30mm Eibachs and GAZ adjustables

yeah im swaying torwards 30mm. seeing as ive got 17" alloys. altho another 10mm with the 40mm lowering kit is both for my car and not much difference. thanks for the pictures tho guys. keep em coming plz. much appreciated :)

Hey I got mine lowered by 40mm last weekend, the cars sitting on 18's. Will get pics this weeknd for ya to have a look at.

just got my lowering kitt from DPM. looks sweet in the box. all green and stuff.. got it booked into a garage for fitting next thursday so will post pics with the end result.. thanks alot damian :)