A3 CD player and Backup Music CDs

Chimera

Reaction score
Website
www.chimera-s3.com
Hi All,

Quick question will the CD player in a A3 1.8TQ (6CD changer in the boot) play backup music CD's or will it only play the original's as I dont want to use my originals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chimera

There is only one original CD in my 6 disc changer of my A3 sport at the moment, the rest are compilations downloaded of the 'net and burnt to CD - no problems whatsoever. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Audi dealers have a memo not to repair broken CD changers under warranty if it can be shown you played CDR's in them. Apparently some material differences in the CDR's vs factory produced CD's causes the CD unit to fail.

I already have experience with this and Audi UK refusing to replace under warranty, so make sure your CD tray is empty when you take it in for repair!

Colin,

Don't suppose you know the symptoms of a faulty CD Changer unit?

Towards the end of having my A3 1.8T, a strange beep-beep-beep noise started to occur from the rear quarter where the CD changer was housed. Just wondered if those beeps were a sign of it being on its way out.

Cheers

Alan

I think that might be the alarm...mine was doing that for a while now it's stopped! There used to be a load of posts about this. Don't think it's anything to worry about though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris