esp prob.

Nobiuss_993

Reaction score
Hi,

my esp jumps on today..
i don't now what four.
hope someone has a idea.

:shrug:

my esp lights up when i go a bit quick over a pot hole or something due to a wheel being cocked or something but then goes out straight away.But if not id get use vagcom like htc says

when the light comes on, it means your ESP is off.... just in case you didnt know

yeah but isnt it meant to flash when its working hard,as when i go over potholes etc and the light flashes i can feel it working,its the same in new trucks i know they are completely different but its the same concept. In Daf trucks (i work on them) when one of the wheels has lost traction the traction control or esp or psm or asr ,etc light comes on its showing the driver that you wheel slip is happening.Or is the audi version different im intrigued.:think:

i know what you mean, the light comes on when it slips..... i had a few instances when i first got mine where the light would come on randomly, i had to stop and restart the car to get it off again...weird...never got to the bottom of it

Likely to be lateral or longitudinal acceleration sensor - VAG.com will tell you which. They are about £100 each and either behind the glovebox (pre facelift) or under the steering cowl (facelift). DIY replacement if you don't mind scraping your knuckles.

i do not know what it is.. i don't have vag.com.. :crying:
obd2 tool maybey soon.. will do that the job en tell me what it is?
i still have power on the wheels, so i think what THC is telling it is.
The MAF..

Why me.?.? :sign_unfair:

i do not know what it is.. i don't have vag.com.. :crying:
obd2 tool maybey soon.. will do that the job en tell me what it is?
i still have power on the wheels, so i think what THC is telling it is.
The MAF..

Why me.?.? :sign_unfair:

Without knowing exactly which part/sensor is causing the problem, it'd be difficult to fix as you may end up replacing parts which are working fine.
If you don't have vag.com or a friend that does it may be worth taking it to the main dealer (they normally charge you for the car to be scanned but at least you would know what's causing your problem).

Just one more thought - Is it just your esp light that comes on? - I've had a intermittant problem with the lateral acceleration sensor causing both the esp and abs lights to come on and stay on until i restart the car so I'm going to try to clean it at the weekend and i'll see if that fixes it.

good luck

Mike

It'll depend on what's causing the esp light to come on

If it were me, I think I'd go to the main dealers just to be sure, it may turn out to be something small & cheap that's causing it but i'd want to know

At last, i read my ecu.

temperature sensor G262: Signal to low: po118

Maf: G70: signal to low: po107

The maf i can fix myself, but the temp. sensor i don't thinks so....
I think i go to my audi dealer. :sorry:
do i have to remove my K&N panel filter?

Thx

GreetZz :kissmyrings: :s3addict:

At last, i read my ecu.

Thx

i get the esp light come on randomly sometimes, then when i check the codes it always says maf signal to low and boost to high?? Plus when i unplug the maf the esp light will stay on till i plug it back in again.... Strange!!

At last, i read my ecu.

Thx

I think G262 is a air vent temperature sensor?

G62 is one of the engine temperature sensors

I would just clear all the codes then wait to see what comes back

Best way to find out the current problem as previous faults may have been fixed