Wife curbs alloy shocker!!

S3-Hobzy

Reaction score
Had my MK1 S3 with RS4 alloys for less than a week and my Wife has curbed the front offside alloy big time!! I can’t believe it, she only went 5 mins up the road...:mad:
Anyway after I calmed down and looked up my nearest alloy wheel repairer, I was thinking maybe I could have them painted Black? My car is Dolphin Grey.

Does anyone have a picture of a Grey S3 with black RS wheels they can post for me? I think it might look good it I de-chrome the grill also?

First post here so hi to you all! :beerchug:

H

The wheels will definitely look a lot better in a dark grey or anthracite colour, and the grille DEFINITELY looks better without the chrome surround.

If you do a search, you'll find plenty of pics.

get rid mate..... a wife who does that is not worth the salt they cook with

Phew!!! What to do, get rid of the wife or the wheels, decisions decisions!!!??? LOL....

Get them done, black or anthracite, i think they will match the colour of the car ALOT...

Sorry to hear about your alloy...

Before thinking about spraying them i'd get it off the car and giving the inside a good clean and have a look for hairline cracks, also around the center bore.
A friend of mine hit a curb, to what we thought was just a nasty scrape but had actually damaged the structure of the wheel and we found a 30cm crack in the flat part of the rim.. Dangerous stuff.

However I will add it was a replica alloy, but never can be sure.

Also a big fan of the darker alloys, anthracite or satin black would have to be a favourite but think the Satin black would look against the dolphin grey.

YEP ALL MINE A TRASHED NOT EVEN GONNA GET THEM SORTED AS SHE GONNA DO IT AGAIN.