happy with your car?

carl310166

Reaction score
i have got to admit,i expected better reliability for an audi.
i bought a 99 quattro in dec 02,one owner (fleet)with 72k on it.
since then,i have had two fuel senders replaced,one instument cluster,anti roll bar bushes,anti roll bar (cracked),these were done under warranty in the first year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

i have had the rear wiper playing up,low coolant level warning light coming on,i also think the diverter valve is worn (it's jerky to drive).

just had my 90k inspection,o/s rear caliper sized,needs rear discs and pads,one rear shock leaking,noise from a/c area (to be investigated),play in two track rod ends.

obviously some things are due to wear and tear,i accept that,perhaps i should not have bought a high miler (full dealer service history),but i have never owned a car with so many little problems,even my Fiat Punto was better!

i cannot fault my dealer,but my work mates ask if i would buy another Audi,i am not sure...i am trying to love it,and it's the most expensive car i have ever bought or run,yet if it got stolen tomorrow,i would a bit upset,but not devastated.

i await the backlash from you all.....but are any of you dissapointed with your cars?

No backlash from me dude, I hear you. If I didn't love my car as much as I do... I'd hate it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I bought my '01 TQ brand new, picked her up with 40kms on the clock, and since, I've had....
2 instrument clusters
1 fuel sender
1 blinker relay
2 drivers door tweeters (Blown)
1 arm rest
1 cup holder
1 "Soft-touch" hatch switch
1 Hatch release motor
1 central lock compressor
4 coilpacks (Naturally)
1 AC Compressor (Which also led to needing a new belt and pre-tensioner)

And those aren't even things I've modded /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

That said though, I forgive her all her problems each time I get behind the wheel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Im not at all disappointed with my A3 ('98 1.8T). Had it over 18months now and over 12,000 and i have not had a SINGLE problem with it. Some are just bad eggs!

Rich

wow! that's quite a list.

but like you said,when you get behind the wheel,she's forgiven...i have just fitted a cd changer and bought a set of oe rstt wheels for it (to be fitted weds),to try and get me to love it more,but it's not happening yet,like i said,it's difficult to drive smoothly,maybe a new dv will transform the driveability of it,fingers crossed!

Yup - audi reliability is sometimes not the best.

A3 1.8T, 60k miles from new, only faults were trim rattles, broken DV (after rechip) and it was delivered with one blue seat and all the others in grey...

S4, 2 turbos, 4 DVs, water pump, timing belt tensioner, exhaust manifolds, rear boot struts and a few other bits.

RichA3Turbo,hope it stays that way.

David R,would you still buy another?

i think personaly,if there was no kudos in owning an Audi,i'm not sure i would,perhaps i havn't given them much of a chance?

a goal in the future,was to be in a position to afford to buy an s4/rs4/a8 etc,because i think they make some very good looking and desirable cars,but to be landed with big bills all the time,would make it impossible.

i wonder if people buy,then trade in when the warranty runs out.

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
... and it was delivered with one blue seat and all the others in grey...

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif how the [censored] did that get off the production line like that .. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stevie Wonder was doing final inspection that day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Seriously tho how does that happen?

[ QUOTE ]
neil.c said:
Stevie Wonder was doing final inspection that day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Seriously tho how does that happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it was the last day at workfor someone on the production line and thought they would have a laugh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I've had my 1998 (R) 1.8 sport for 18 months and replace the coolant temp sensor. The MAF was getting worse but I "aquired" one from my Bro who had a Seat in for a trade in that was going to the auctions so we swapped them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif other than that, no problems. That said, I've no turbo so less to go wrong I suppose.

[ QUOTE ]
neil.c said:
Makes you wonder if three grey and one blue seat were on the build list?

[/ QUOTE ]

I kid you not I reckon these germans have a strange sense of humour a friend of mine ordered a A6 1.9TDI Avant a couple of years ago and opted for the optional Alu window strips and roof rails. Order was sent to audi stating "small Aluminium pack" and "Aluminium Roof Rail" 12 weeks later it turned up from the factory with one Aluminium and one black roof rail and no aluminium pack!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif