symptoms of a CV joint?

sitrials

Reaction score
Website
www.m-a-d.co.uk
my right front wheel is clicking when going around corners i have been told it is a CV joint going?
if so anyone had this and any info on where they got their new joint from was it audi only?? if so how much?
I have a part number of 1J0498099EX to replace!

my drivers side out cv boot split a while ago and got that from gsf,i think you can also get the driveshaft from them also,im not sure if you can get a cv joint on its own i thought you could only get a new driveshaft.i may be wrong.but before you spalsh you cash check your wishbones etc as well and bushes as it could be something daft like that.

normally they put your car on full lock whilst moving to check for clicking...so highly likely to be what you have said

if its a S3 the cv joint can be purchased from audi for £110 iirc, all spurious suppliers all supplied me with the wrong cv joint so id recommend just going to audi ( if its a S3)

£97 with my ''trade'' discount and its a exchange part with a surcharge of £35 if not returned which the guy wavved for me.
Hes a legend, VW can no longer order audi parts but i've been going to him for years now, so all he does is cross reference the part number required to a VW and bingo! hes now started giving me discount.

Had mine changed last week, approx 92 quid incl VAT from GSF non-exchange. Hope that helps

Hmm, i got a quote for this earlier from Audi for my 1.9TDi, £185+ vat parts only, £120+ vat to fit :(

****** daylight robbery, over £200 for a CV! does anyone have a workshop procedure for changing one?