Black on Black

SnoopS3

You cant beat German
Reaction score
Hey guys, just signed up a few weeks ago.

Thinking of a wheel/style change. What are your opinions on black on black wheels? i'm thinking Black CH's with a red lip, black Audi rings front and rear and a black grill, leaving the S3 badge (for that little extra bit of red)

or

or Black CH's with a silver lip and leave the chrome badges so its not too much black.

in fact if i was to post a few pics up could anyone here do a photoshop??

cheers

Id do black ch's / red lip with just a black grille up front.... nice, not over the top but still retaining stealth!!!

:iagree: black on red lip looks tough. stretched tyres is a must tho.

That is my 1st and most likely idea, think it would look good with the red calipers too.

Pitty theres a large amount of chav "cruisers" up my way with corsa's, clio's and focus' with Black alloys....dont want to be assosiated with them :whistle2:

Yea im liking the idea of black wheels, red lip and the red calipers and dont worry about being associated with them, just rememeber you have the "FOUR RINGS" :)

Although saying that they may have them as well, in the form of sovereigns on every finger....lol

Is anyone here a Photoshop wizz?? fancy doing a wee chop??

104214102_tp.jpg

s3sigcopy.jpg

Love what they call this, black on black, in the states. "Murdered out!"

I'm contemplating powder coating my CHs satin black too, for a tougher look. Compliment the carbon that's in the post.....

I've been pondering getting my OZ SuperTs refurbed in black after seeing Chris's Noggy S3 at Inters last year. I've already got the black grille and black rear badge so car is a chrome free zone.

this just caught my eye on Google!! hard as nails IMO

k1-1.jpg

I've been pondering getting my OZ SuperTs refurbed in black after seeing Chris's Noggy S3 at Inters last year. I've already got the black grille and black rear badge so car is a chrome free zone.

Where did you get your Grill and badge from mate?

this just caught my eye on Google!! hard as nails IMO

k1-1.jpg

That looked stunning! Makes me want to spray my mono10 black, with red stripe, and black grill :thumbsup:

Where did you get your Grill and badge from mate?

Front is a sportec one from AmD. It was a lot of money and TBH you can do it yourself for a fraction of the price.
I searched ages for a black 4 rings back badge but it was never made as an Audi part - so it is DIY only.

In summary - you need to buy the chrome parts, sand down the surface, prime and spray. I think someone on the forum was offering to do this for people who didn't want to DIY.

Here are mine in action:

DSCF0884.jpg

Grille2.jpg

Im liking the dark look, it does look really discreet, if you know what i mean, i would like to do something along those line on my S3, buts its Silver, so dont know if it would suit or not.

Front is a sportec one from AmD. It was a lot of money and TBH you can do it yourself for a fraction of the price.
I searched ages for a black 4 rings back badge but it was never made as an Audi part - so it is DIY only.

In summary - you need to buy the chrome parts, sand down the surface, prime and spray. I think someone on the forum was offering to do this for people who didn't want to DIY.

Here are mine in action:

DSCF0884.jpg

Grille2.jpg

That looks sweet man, fair play for the DIY work :thumbsup:

A friend of mine did a DIY job on his girlfriends Saxo with the grille and the citroen badges, came out really well. He told me how he did it so i might give it a bash. Rather wait till i get the wheels though.

Hey all, - just signed up after lurking for a few weeks!

not black on black rims but how about anthracite?

here's mine :)

IMG_1774.jpg

Nice rear audi rings JCS, ive been meaning to do this on mine for a while now.. i really like anthracite.. Snoops3.. that rs4 looks tough!