Group buy on vag check remaps

danotto

VAG HUNTER
Reaction score
Right i have had a chat with Morgan from vagcheck and have sorted out a Group buy stage 2 remap deal,with before and after readings, all in for £274 per car there must be a minimum of 3 8l audi s3's and a maximum or 6. Im in so 2-5 more people are needed.let me know if interested and i can talk to Morgan about it,i remember there was two more people on here who wanted this done. cheers dan

Dunno, but may be worth waiting more that two hours! Some people are working, sleeping or just generally having a life and not logging onto AudiSport (unlike me!)

yeah me too,im at work now and boredom kicks in about now so im impatient.lol,although i should be fixing trucks.im hooked to this damn site.:keule:

Oh yeah forgot to mention a date hasnt been set yet its just when ever people can get it done at once and Morgan is located around surrey area i think.

Apparantley it has to be an s3,Morgan is located Farnborough, Fleet, Camberley, Sandhurst, Aldershot,
and surrounding areas,but i believe the workshop is Farnborough mate.

umm well im in skegness so quiet a distance, never mind, anyone know anywhere round this area to get a remap, thats good of course

what does the stage 2 comprise of eg bhp gains i always thought you had to get all the other studd ie fmic induction kit to get all out of it or isit simply another software upgrade. also what company is it with?

Stage 2 from Vagcheck is a vagcheck remap it will give a standard s3 about 260-270bhp, this group buy saves you about 75quid off of the normal price and their remaps are supposed to be good as well.

k may sound a silly question but then will i loose out on the punch the REVO remap gives me?

if you have a revo remap,why are you getting another remap just out of curiosity,i have spoekn to morgan and he says that the remap vagcheck remap is very good,the stage two is supposed to be quite aggressive and smooth at higher revs.its really up to you,revo is supposed to be the most aggressive map on the market so.i guess its all down to what the individual wants.

Sadly, Vagcheck politely declined my custom - based on my rather weak Auto tranny!

right im getting confused here. is the deal for a stage 2 or 1st stage remap. i have a stage 1 revo remap however just enquiring about further stage 2 remaps thats why i was asking. but i also thought that there was no point getting just the stage 2 remap itself, you would need to purchase fmic, induction kit, sports cat etc to see any further effect?

helps but as i thought to see the full benifits you should have some sort of other customisation ie exhausts and induction kits. both of which i haven't got.:unsure:

All the companies (and they were many Revo to teh samller companies) either declined to Remap the car, or didn't bother to reply. The only one that said yes was Custom-code. However, when I went see about the remap I enquired about remap experiences of my specific tranny and the dealer/shop in question said they had not done any followed by "oh' we thought you had a triptronic when you called". Basically, if the tranny starts going the car has had it, so no deal...

Hands up to Vagcgeck who gave me clear and precise details of %'s lost through other trannies, tip loses 15% power, and the weakness of my own.

Hope that helps explain things,

well mines pretty much standard like my sig says.but basically they will programme the ecu to match the mods you have or havent got to get the best possible outcome for your vehicle.basically my car is still running 210bhp with mods to prepare it for a rempa for eg. uprated dv and tip.so really the best thing to do if your not sure is contact them and see what gains if any this remap will have over your current one if any.dan

ok mate no worrys,if your interested let me know and ill put your name down.cheers dan:icon_thumright:

Hi all,

Just to clear up any confusion in regards to our Stages.

Stage 1 - We developed mainly as a generic mail order option when customers cannot physically visit us for our diagnostic checks & data logging, & as such is a milder tune than our Stage 2.

Stage 2 - Ideal for both standard & mildly modified vehicles. This is quite an aggressive tune & whilst the vehicle will feel very strong it is also very smooth in its delivery. Where tweaks to the map will be of benefit in the individual application then these are carried out.

Stage 3 - Fully bespoke file creation for modified vehicles where the owner wishes to get the very best from there hardware changes.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers
Morgan

P.S
If anyone has any queries at all, do feel free to PM or email me.

we need one more person oz,but if we get one soonish im thinking after pay day so maybe early to mid july.if everyones happy with that?

we need one more person oz,but if we get one soonish im thinking after pay day so maybe early to mid july.if everyones happy with that?

Sounds good, was going to go the CC route but would rather have something a bit more agressive, VAGCHECK sounds like it's somewhere between CC & Revo?

yeah thats what im after also,and i have only heard good things about vagcheck.so just one more person to get this deal up and running.

i might be up for this... although i can get a revo remap for £300 all in..

oz got any pics of your s3 i live just up the road from you (feltham)

well this remap is £274 with befors and after readings,but its up to you mate

Hi all,

Just to clarify our included diagnostic checks & data logging are carried out on the road under real world conditions & not on a dyno.

We do have access to a local 4WD Dyno, but unfortunately it does not cope well at all with 8L S3 Gen 1 haldex, & this offer does not include power verification although we can generally give a reasonably accurate estimation from our data logs as to the likely gains on the individual vehicle.

We not only use Vag-Com for data logging, but we also have external boost & also wide band lambda data logger for those with stock narrow band probes, the process we follow takes around 3 to 4 hours per vehicle & that’s providing we don’t find anything wrong in our pre-remap checks.

Given those that have expressed an interest so far locations, we could hold the remap day/weekend at our Staines location to be more central for everyone.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers
Morgan

I post up a little info over the weekend of the procedures & checks we carry out.

yeah staines is good for me, just need a datw hen everyone will have the time and money availiable.thats if me oz and turbodaily are def all in

VAGCheck remapped my old TT and my current S3 and I highly recommend them. Full data logging before and after and they really know their stuff. Guarantee You won't regret it.

so who's on on this for deifnate then next month in Staines..Im in

sorry bud i've just not got the money at the mo. keep me posted though would like to know how the car perfomrs after the remap.

yeah i know what you mean,ive saved a bit of cash from this month and taking some from next months wages to pay for it.well let me know if yoiu can afford to do it next month.still need one more though if your def interested. anyone?

I'm in just picked up my S3 and its so slow compared to my old st, just let me know when i'm based in Berkshire, the sooner the better please:sm4:

cool mate,well thats 2 for definate just need to see if oz can afford it next month.where bouts in berkshire are you hodd

Just up the Road then mate im from Reading,well hopefully get a 3rd person who can definately get this remap next month soon.