Face lift badge fitting Help!!!!

spadey69

Reaction score
Hi there

I got my red s3 this week and love it, just making a few more modern improvements. Its a 1999 plate and im putting facelift badges on as I like them better, back one no probs, front one, help!!!!

How the hell do I get the grill off or dont I have too? How do I get my hand in there, basically what is the easiest way?

Any help is once again appreciated.....

Steve

The front badge just needs to be wiggled, you push down on it, that releases the back clips then lift up and pull and it should come off

I only know this because I had to take one off an early car to fit on my facelift as I prefer the older ones!

Yep - agree with you there Grathies, i've a facelift but bought some of the older style badges a few months ago as i much prefer them too! Just need to get round to fitting them...!

Take it it's the same story for removing the facelift badge then (and when you say down - do you me mean towards the ground as opposed to in towards the engine?). Daft I know, but i dont want to break it!

As far as Im aware they do, and I pushed down towards the floor, only gently tho

Their like a double clasped claw fitment so they just clip over

The original ones remind me of the old RS2 badges which I always liked the look of... I only have a front one tho, on the back I only display my MTM badge lol. Funny that Ive seen a few facelifts fitted with older badges, and alot of the earlier ones fitted with facelift badges lol

Yea - i've seen pics of your rear end somewhere :))!!!) and like the mtm badge. I'd feel a bit cheeky doing that though... so i'll settle for the older S3 badge. Like you (and a lot of newer S3 owners) i like the look of them and simply just prefer them to the more blatant newer stye 'S' badges!