Anyone replaced the S3 grills without the fogs?

s8n

Reaction score
Website
allkris.com
Do you know if there is replacement grills so the fogs can be removed ? I want to try and feed a bit more air into the IC's but dont want the uglyness of a big hole where the fog used to be...

Ideas?

Hi Kris,

You could try an entirely new bumper, the RS4 type ones, they come without the hole for the fogs cut in them, so you simply don't cut it out.

http://www.s3-tuning.de/

I've been thinking about doing it, apparently Milan at TCCA will order it in for you.

Cheers, Edward.

Kris, just get that FMIC done..!

From what I've found, the ducting behind the foglights is pretty good as directing air through the ICs...
I've tested mine with the standard ICs in standard spec with foglights, minus foglights and minus front bumper...there was nothing noticable to be gained from removing either the foglights or the bumper. The only thing I found to increase power on the dyno was to spray the ICs with cold water from a hose!

The fault appears to lay with the SMICs just not being up to the job of cooling the inlet charge of a chipped S3.

So, from my point of view, there is nothing to be gaioned by removing the foglights. Nothing detectable on the dyno anyway.

Hi Kris,

What is this, a modification a week? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Porsche brakes 2 weeks ago, then Samco tubes last week and now FMIC, what next, I think you've covered the lot, or are you going to crack the engine and do some serious mods /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers, Edward.

hehehe Edward /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've got 3 things on the cards,

Tyres
FMIC
Coilovers

But you know how it is, finish one thing start another.. its the bottomless pit of car modding, and its alot of fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Now hurry up and get that Samco intake pipe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ps: dropped you a email last night, you should come along if you can mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif