S3 Haldex

S90GAV

Reaction score
im wanting too find some info on the Haldex thats on the S3. just general info like how it works? how it knows when too come in power split e.g 60/40 etc. and anything thing else that will help me understand it. ive had a search on the site, but couldnt really see what i wanted too know.

cheers

Gav
:redrs4:

Have a read through the 'sold the A3' thread, that will tell you what you need to know.... worth noting that the haldex system is not permanent 4wd.....from what i understand anyways....more of an intelligent 4wd that transfers power around the wheels as nessesary

yer i was awear of it not been permanent 4wd, cheers bud i'll have a look in that thread now

do the jap boys run similar setups ie the evo 7 or 8 onwards / skyline r34? its to relieve strain on the transmission

i believe so..... seem to remember reading on here that the Evo's and Imprezas have similar set ups..... best wait for a better explaination i think

subararus well the 2004 ones have a constant 60/40 drive 60rear 40 front,if i remember correctly

My understanding is that the Haldex works as a clutch which engages when it feels that it needs power to the rear wheels because of slip on the front wheels. HTH