Puddle in passenger footwell!

A3_'99_Tsport

Reaction score
Hello,

I have the oddest of issues with my Audi A3... if anyone could offer some help I would be very greatful.

When the rain is relatively heavy, I tend to get a puddle (or at least a damp patch) in the passenger footwell. I'm not sure if it's coming from under the car or through the front end?

Although, with that being said, the area under the glove-compartment has come away slightly and I *think* the water is coming from there. I have tried the old tupperwear trick in an attempt to catch the drips but no joy as yet!

Is this a common problem at all?

Any help would be very welcome.

Thank you
A3_'99

do a search mate, theres is a seal that is fairly common fail on these

Here is the issue.

Scuttle panel is loose under the windscreen. It pops out of its groove and lets water under there, down into the pollen filter, and then into the car. Check to see if your pollen filter is wet. If so, there is the issue. a new scuttle panel may fix the issue if it does not stick down properly.

Rich

Yes I had this on the B6 A4, autowindscreens tend to knacker the scuttle when replacing the windscreen. A new scuttle was suprisingly cheap at around £11 from main dealer, which is cheaper than their screewash, so well worth the investment.
Also not sure if there are any drain holes underneath the scuttle on the 8L A3. These were the cause of my B5 flooding last week and I do mean flooding with at least 2 inches of water above the carpet!

or just make sure the plastic is free from the metal siding...easy done.

Excuse my ignorance... but how would I get to the pollen filter?

Cheers