quick question on recoding keys

benr

Reaction score
I have read loads about it and it seems to be a main dealer task.

However my brother originally got the car from car giant with a printout of the service history and no log book.

I just looked at the printout and it states ebony black, radio code blabla but then it also says "key code" and a 7 digit number is this the number i need to recode a key, if so can i then do it with vag com.

Thank you

Ben

i forgot to say the printout is from a lease plan company

Does sound like the correct code. Try logging into the ECU then go to adaption. I think it's channel 21. It should ask for the code, so enter it. If it lets you in then you are good to go.

thanks i will give it a go. Do you know if there is limited login attempts?
Thanks
Ben

thanks i will give it a go. Do you know if there is limited login attempts?
Thanks
Ben

Our truck imobilisers require a factory password every time they are entered into for key coding. Every access requires a new password. I would think Audi run a similar setup to this. otherwise its not secure and will not gain thatcham approval.:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

ok i tried but i got implausable comination message, could someone confirm if there is a limited number of attempts? im still trying to find out the exact date the code was created and the wsc for slough audi but i need to call them agiain later.

Thanks
Ben

3 attempts at entering the correct PIN can be made without a waiting period. The next 3 attempts are only possible after at least 10 minutes. For this, you leave the ignition on and exit from self-diagnosis.
The waiting time is doubled up to a maximum of 255 minutes after every 3 further incorrect entries.

I've seen key gens that can re-create the SKC if you have you can get that date and workshop code.

thanks very much for the replies, cant seem to find a decoder to get the date, looks like ill just have to take it in to get them to code the key for me pretty annoying.

Thanks
Ben