Badger5EM Tuning
    It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status

Opinion on wheels needed!!

Seeing as everyone on this site seems to have an opinion of just about anything I thought I'd ask about the following wheels that I'm thinking of getting for my S3 in 18 x 7.5with spacers tp provide the correct offset

http://www.alloywheels.com/product.a...93&Make=&Model=

Answers on a postcard please...........
    Last edited by scoobyra; 31st May 2008 at 10:08.
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

2. # ADS
    ADS

B cool, B safe, B foolish

Status
    Love this wheel mate however i have seen these on a few cars now and in my opinion 18's look abit too small. Would need to give it a good drop to make them work. Or i guess go for 19's if you dont mind the few drawbacks you get with bigger wheels.
    Dont know why they look too small guess its just the style however it is a hot wheel.

Noggy Blue 225 TT - Forge Split 'R' DV - 18' Oettinger's - Noggy Blue Callipers

2nd Gear

Status
    look good on a jap car but polished lip on a german car = no no

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    Disagree with that last post totally, i have a silver A3 with black wheels and a polished lip i think it really works!

Go for them wheels they look lovely makes a change from the rest of the sheep with RS4'S A8'S RS6'S yawn..

J
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMK^ View Post
    look good on a jap car but polished lip on a german car = no no
    I disagree, polished lip is good, but they need to be 19" to get the best effect.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

1st Gear

Status
    Dont like them at all to be honest. People take the piss about RS4's and the like but they r popular for a very good reason - they look good and suit the car !
    51 plate Audi S3 - Silver with Bose, Symphony 2, Armrest and of course Rs4's.....

Ist Audi after 8 VW's in a line......

Driven/borrowed through work..RS4 Wagon, Focus ST3, Golf R32, Astra VXR..

3rd Gear

Status
    They look really good in the photo but, i can't help to think they look a bit crap in the picture of them on a car at the bottom of the page.

Neutral

Status
    GAY. chav wheels. get some proper wheels like some bbs split rims with black inners

Status
    Not to my taste really...not the black/polished thing...just the wheel as a whole. But if you like the style...why not?

If you stick to a 225/40/18 tyre you'll get a bit of sidewards movement in the tyre on a 7.5" wheel...an 8" wheel solves the problem and sharpens up the steering no end, whilst not being stretched.

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3_Turbo View Post
    Go for them wheels they look lovely makes a change from the rest of the sheep with RS4'S A8'S RS6'S yawn..
    Am I the only person who thinks that Audi must of spent a whole lot of money on research and development of what alloy wheels suit Audi cars so why fly in the face of that?

PS them alloys do look good

All hail the mighty quattro!

Status
    Lenso are big on the jap scene, not so sure they'd go on an Audi
    MRC-Powerflex-Hotchkis-Porsche-Compomtive-Vredestein-034-JHM-Apikol-EBC-FK-Labree-Vibrant-Recaro

Status

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kiteyboy View Post
    .................................................. .......................... no
    I'm not putting on the scissors sisters lycra outfit on for the manchester two car convoy trip for that Kitey

Audiless

Status
    if your going for a 'split' type rim with a dish id go for a 19 as the lips on them are pretty big (i had some 19" rial nogaros on my old s3 and the inner spokes only looked 18s as the outer lip was fairly big) quite miss leading!

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    Thanks for the comments guys.

I quite like the idea of mixing a deep dish with thicker spokes to create a different image.

The idea behind the lenso was to have it repainted in anthrecite as my car is absolute red and lends itself to this very well.

Thanks for the info on the 7.5j Glen, I didnt realise that I would get tyre movement.

Ive found some others made by RAYS that combine the style of sportec monos with a deeper dish, only trouble is......................................

the price is effin extortionate!!!
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....