Shaking

L2UKS

Reaction score
Just had the A3 for a few weeks and its a lovely little car.

I just have one problem with it, once it hits 3800rpm the whole car shakes and the vibrations go across the whole car.

It feels it comes from the front of the car but honestly it can be from anywhere.

I have 3D tracking done and the guy said that the left front wheel caster was slightly out but should be fine. Also had the front wheels balanced but still same problem.

VAG-COM shows no faults, should i try when the car is shaking?

1999 1.8T Sport

sorry i cant be of much help but, if you mean try vag-com while its shaking itll make no difference as it wil put the error in memory and not remove it whenyou stop.

Good luck

I just have one problem with it, once it hits 3800rpm the whole car shakes and the vibrations go across the whole car.

I have 3D tracking done and the guy said that the left front wheel caster was slightly out but should be fine. Also had the front wheels balanced but still same problem.

I think you need to make it a bit more clear about it shaking at 3800rpm, does it happen in all gears or just a certain gear at a certain speed?

If it's happening in all the gears, then it's engine related, and you need not worry about tracking/geometry and balancing of wheels.

If it's happening at a certain speed in any gear, then your engine sounds fine, and you need to look at what I mentioned above.

yes the 3800rpm was unclear

only happens when im cruzing about 90mph in fifth gear. i watched the needle and it starts shaking when im doing that speed an the rev is at 3800rpm. continues to shake upwards.

i have not tried to put it in any other gear at that speed!

the car is very smooth otherwise