Superchips help !

stevess3

Reaction score
I recently bought my s3 and shortly after found a super chips ltd customer key hidden away in the glove box . No mension was made from the dealer which made me wonder wheather or not it had been chipped .
After a mate of mine drove my car and compared it to his i turned out mine has been chipped.

My questions are what bhp do they normally add to the 225 version are they reliable and would i see greater benifits from a remap instead . I plan to install a large intercooler asap .

Thanks stevess3

Dont really know but i would guess 250-260...must be the same as a remap but possibly a soldered in chip as opposed to a re-flashed ecu - someone will answer for sure soon !

It goes pretty well to be honest but fuel economy seems pretty poor !

it will be an obd11 flash chip, not a soldered in chip, (only need to do that for the early ecus on 18ts).

Same code as the more modern "bluefin" superchips code, but without the option to deinstall like bluefin does.

Bluefin is c£500, so its a bargain having the code already in there!

if you go to the superchips website you should be able to get the exact figures and a power graph also. They are generic remaps so will be the same for all 225's and 210's i think.

hope that helps, from memory i think its 256bhp.

steve i had my S3 chipped by superchips they don't soldier no chip on its done through the ECU just all the other remaps and the power output is 279 bhp and they are reliable cause this is my second car i've had done and it runs fine.

Thanks for that, but can anyone explain the custyomer key to me its about the size of a thin match box and has several contacts down on side as if it should plug in some where ? Whats it for !

Just found this on there web site :

seems the 54 bhp increase is based on the 210bhp version . so 225 = 264bhp

Audi S3
2001 - 2003
Engine type : Turbocharged Petrol
Engine size : 1781 cm3
Cylinders : 4

Original bhp : 225
Original nm : 280
BHP increase : 54
NM gain : 86
Lb/Ft gain : 63

View Power Curve
View Road Test

when i spoke to the garage that 'superchipped' my car under a previous owner (deactivated at present ) they said that the key just proves who owns the remap and that if i wanted it put back on it would cost a small fee (about £40) to re-install it....

is that any help ?

i dont really understand why it looks like a piece of 80's computer equipment.

Thanks makes sense - so thats a 'key' to prove purchase/ownership...