EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    5th Gear

Status

S3 passenger seat probs

Noticed that my S3 passenger seat back has play in it (move it back and forth with no one in it about a 1cm), but the drivers has none.

Anyone had this problem before?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: S3 passenger seat probs

Not sure if it's the same mechanism exactly on the recaros as the A3 sport seats, but I had an issue with the latching mechanism which allowed one side of the seat to engage but no the other, so basically the seat was always twisted. Nothing a set of pliers couldn't sort.....

Neutral

Status

Hi Mike,

What a nightmare!! I know the problem you have with the seat as I had exactly the same problem with my drivers seat [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] It drove me nuts for months.. It would rock back and forth going over bumpy roads or under heavy braking.

The problem I had was with the seat base. It had warped, and was therefore not sitting flush with the catches and hence had about (as you say) 10mm play back and forth in it.

It took the stealers 3 yes three! attempts to resolve the problem [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] Eventually they got it sorted by replacing the whole seat base, fortunately for me all work carried out under warranty.

Hope this helps

Ben [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

Mine is still under warranty thank god!

It feels loose (back part of seat - 10mm play) and have tried all the electric adjustment with no joy of curing it......rattles over bumps [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] as most of the time it is just me in the car apart from the weekend.

Just hope they can sort it out first time round. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for the feedback guys!

1st Gear

Status

my drivers seat wont lock in normal position. it keeps lifting up by itself to the point where it bends towards the steering wheel.Time for the pliars - CHEERS GAMBBA

2nd Gear

Status

different problem but my drivers seat has to be pushed back towards the back of the car in order for the seat release to work.

It seems as if the release is not set correctly, its a nightmare trying to put stuff in the back of the car with your hands full, this should be a one handed operation, mines far too much effort.

Anyone else with the same problem?

5th Gear

Status

Had a play with the seat tonight and discovered that if I push down on both of the seat release catches (same seat) when the seat is in its normal position the problem is cured and it does not rock forward or backwards.

Any ideas with that one?

Neutral

Status

Sounds like a different problem to the one I had then Mike.

My seat would only move when I was sat in it - I could not get the seat to move when I wasn't sat in it.

As I said before, the problem was with the seat base and it wasn't square so therefore with weight on it, it wasn't sitting flush with the floor hence the movement... annoying as [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] when it was happening though

5th Gear

Status

Mike,

It sounds like if the catch mechanism is anything like the A3 then you have the same problem as I've had and revdup had, which was the latch bracket becoming bent and not allowing one (or both) sides of the seat to engage properly.

Jack both seats forward and sit in the back and then compare the latching mechanisms good against bad, and with any luck that's where you'll find your problem. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

Took the car to Audi as I could not wait and thought it could be unsafe if I crashed with a passenger and the seat gave up with its support.

They found that one of the catch cables had come completely off its holder..........meaning the seat was never fully engaging.....UNSAFE! They sorted it in 30min for me and everything is as it should be now.

5th Gear

Status

I know mate.

I even went to Autoglass to see if they could repair a stone chip but it was not a serious one to repair (graze chip)...........its just that three weeks earlier a similar chip, pos larger, cracked my windscreen by 9 inches.

Very paranoid at the moment.