FK springs... opinions and advice please!!!

scott_johnson

Reaction score
Hey guys. As most of you may no, got my gallardo reps on the other day with 20mm spacers all round! looks good, just not sitting right and the fronts lower than the back!!! Was looking around for some springs and most of them lower the fronts more than the backs which would add to my problem more...... came across these:

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pa...dis3&manufacturer=fksuspension&sub_category=1

There 25mm lower front and 30mm lower back.... I believe FK are of high quality and there a bargain at that price???

My Eibach Pro kit (or whatever it is) is lower on the rear than the front. I don't think its too bad ride. In fact you've had a drive of my motor.

Yours handled 100 million times better than mine aky but uve got dampers + arbs... thinkin of just doin the springs first!! i looked at the pro kit and im sure it said 35mm all round which may be a bit low as i have spacers :( dont want any problems thats all.

Damien, is that something you guys sell?? fk that is??

Thats unfortunate!! Any other recomendations with the rear being slightly lower??

just to make it sit the same height from the front and rear arches. The rear is higher so if i go the same height all the way round, (say 30mm) the rear is still goin to be higher! the fk is 5mm lower at the rear so i just thought itd even it out slightly. I no 5mm not a huge amount buts every little helps. lol.

the rear sits higher because its supposed to. you will struggle to find a kit which will lower back more than front.

I had FK coilovers on my old car, lost faith in them when one snapped in half :ohmy:. Took me about 10 weeks to get a new shock under warrenty !

I doubt the springs are much better quality and i'd stay well clear !

cant see how much difference in quality there can be on a branded spring, theres not that much in it surely? :think:

thats what i thought!! there german TUV approved same as H&R!!

I've got Eibachs fitted on mine, the back is a nice drop, but the fronts is like a 5-10mm drop, hardly noticeable, so I would go for the H&R items, which is something I'm looking to do in the future. Looking at some pics though, the H&R's seems to sit higher at the back, so maybe a H&R and Eibach's combo?!

So will my car handle better with just upgraded springs over stock springs?? or will it woursen the situation without dampers???

So will my car handle better with just upgraded springs over stock springs?? or will it woursen the situation without dampers???

It will handle better in that you have lowered the centre of gravity, but the benefit of having uprated dampers is keeping the wheels in contact with the floor, so you can apply the power a bit earlier coming out of corners and brake with confidence into corners later without the wheels starting to lock up and the ABS kicking in. This is my experience of using Bilsteins over standard shocks, so highly recommended. :icon_thumright: