s3 tyres

azures3

Reaction score
Hi, I have an S3 which needs two new rear tyres. Currently have Bridgestones all round but would like to swap to Eagle f1s. However, fronts are still very good. So, anyone know whether I can run goodyears on back whilst keeping my bridgestones on front?

I have been told this shouldn't be done as it may harm the haldex system...anyone any experience or advice they could offer me on this. Tyre fitters have told me completely contradictory things, so
I'm hoping for some unbiased advice/actual experience etc.

Cheers guys, Pete.

I have just replaced my front tyres to Goodyear F1 GS D3s and they are superb!!!

Not sure sbout the haldex system-if it makes a difference or not but i cant see why it should!! Where did you hear that??

My tyres where £96 each from www.blackcircles.com

Let me know if you hear any thing about the effects on the haldex system.
Cheers

PS: welcome to audi-sport!!!!!

Thanks for the replies. I guess then, that it's not a problem putting different makes front to rear.

MikeyD - have you different ones on the rear to the front now then?

Also the F1s are slightly cheaper!

Cheers, Pete.

To quote the Haldex website:

"The controllability of the Haldex LSC also makes it possible to use differently worn tyres, to tow the vehicle with one axle raised, and to maintain function when using Run-flat-tyres or Mini-Spare. "

See www.haldex-traction.com for more details.

Hey azures3...

I have got the original bridgestone potenzas on the back and got my goodyear F1 GS D3s on the front last week.

I thought that £96 each for the F1's was a very good price, unless anyone knows where you can get them cheaper!!!!

The grip is amazing...even in the wet, there is considerably less (if any) understeer when throwing it around roundabouts etc. Only done 100 miles on them so far so they should get better!

Let us know what you get
Cheers