Got my new car!!

edward_harris

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6
Reaction score
Hey guys, finally got a car in the end!! Ryan will be please to no i ended up getting a evo 6 tme! Its pretty standard but pretty mint! Got alot of work to do to it though. I did try a rx7 but found it really to small for me!

Nice motor - look a bit dated these days but still an awesome car. What colour? Let us know how often you have to change the clutch

I really like the TME, I think they look how a rally car should look.

Nice.

be nice to see the insurance cost at your age? :) im 24 with 3 yrs NCB, no accidents and points and I was quoted 2500 on an FQ300

Well done mate,best evo ever made in some peoples opinions.Is it a red one?
As for looking dated....jesus it a rally legend and probably the hardest looking car ever built.Get over to the mlr and get on some trackdays and sprints with me.

my insurance is £750 fully comp all mods declared 350bhp 355lb/t includes trackday insurance aswell.Full NCB and no points(anymore!!) bit older than you lot though.....except glen!

Cracking car... If it wasn't for the upkeep of them, I would have one!

Whats the difference from that and a GSR ? I know the paint job and a few cosmetics, but is there and power wise? I'm sure i was told once they are the same but the TME has a titanium Turbo??

I am jealous though!!!

Insurance with pace ward,it's like the mlr club insurance.mods are actually covered like for like.
Launched as a limited series model to commemorate rally ace Tommi Makinen's prodigious feat of winning his fourth consecutive Drivers' Championship in the World Rally Championship. The Evolution VI Tommi Makinen Edition was also designed for optimum performance on tarmac and features interior and exterior trim reflecting a WRC theme.

Road performance was improved with a high-response titanium turbocharger giving better low-end and mid-range torque, using a smaller, shape-optimized compressor wheel. (Standard on GSR; factory option on RS). A different exhaust system was also used, unique to the Tommi Makinen Edition. Handling was improved too with a front upper strut brace and the tarmac suspension was lowered by 10mm and tuned to give improved initial response on tarmac surfaces. The quicker steering rack from the RS models was also fitted for more responsive steering.

The front bumper featured a new powerful design that improved aerodynamics and lowered air intake temperature to stabilize power output characteristics. The front bumper extension brought further improvements to aerodynamic performance with redesigned airflow ducting.

17-inch alloy wheels were used that share the same design as on Mitsubishi's WRC Group-A works car. To further compliment the WRC theme a Special Coloring Package that reproduces Mitsubishi WRC Group-A works car detailing was available as option on the GSR. The package comprises: WRC stripes, Ralliart decals (on ends of front and rear bumpers), Mitsubishi 3-diamond decal on ends of rear spoiler), upper wing section of rear spoiler finished in white, rear panel garnish, body-keyed door sashes, amber front indicator lenses, door handles finished in black

well done ed will have to meet up and have a look at it,good choice fella

:icon_thumright:

I had the 'normal' 6 and it was awesome.

One bit of advice. Don't thump in the clutch thinking it is like an Audi one and will last - it won't and will cost you 3k to get it fixed. Be gentle with her and she will love you!

clutch is no more than £1k fitted, twin plate about £1,400 fitted you must have gone to the wrong place!

just made the move from jap to VAG myself. had an evo, aswell as pulsars, starlets.. good old JDM cars, cant beat them value for £. but you can tell the difference in build quality as soon as you jump in an s3 for example :yes:

enjoy the evo mate, theyre good fun

soz still havent got any pics up been busy over on the mlr! i will get some up guys! Got stage one done to the car now running around 380bhp feels so different from the s3! the clutch has already gone! lol just brought a cusco twin plate to put in there! now collecting bits to get it to 530bhp!!

Ed ur mad!!!but good work son shine!! i no what u mean about the rx7, im 6'4 and was so clostraphobic in my mates!! Bumma about the clutch already :(

the clutch has already gone! lol just brought a cusco twin plate to put in there! now collecting bits to get it to 530bhp!!

I read your threads when I used to browse this site (at the time had an evo myself). The tuning and ££ the guys spend on the MLR is mental. I think you'll fit in very well ! Good luck with the TME.

What an excellent car choice, one of my good mates picked these up a few months ago, it is great fun, love getting that back end out, really great handling car, few issues like the AYC pump playing up, but just to let you know, good place near gatwick airport, cheap second hand parts for Evos if you need anything, have you been to seen the RG motorsport guys yet in kent?

Congrats on the new car and good to see you still with us :)

Cant wait to see the pics

DSCN0244-1.jpg

DSCN0246.jpg

DSCN0249.jpg

DSCN0250.jpg

DSCN0244.jpg

*******....im jealous as hell,lovely car mate those decals make the car look how it should:applaus:

thanks mate!! i do miss the s3 tho!! when my clutch is sorted ill take ya out as i never took you in my s3!! you had it mapped yet?!

Very nice....as Ronald says...im lovin it!!!

mate as it stands i cant afford a chip from a chip shop let alone one for my car.lol need to sell some genuine porka wheels to get money etc,yeah mate would love to go for a spin,ill take you out in my bog standard s3 as i said i would,dont wanna sound gay but u got my number mate give us a caqll when your free

Very nice seen a very simaler one in stockport yesterday, would probably lose that HKS induction kit though, well known for bad filteration, Apexi dry cotton filters are apparently much better

yea ive got your number mate ill give you a shout when the clutch is done!

mate as it stands i cant afford a chip from a chip shop let alone one for my car.lol need to sell some genuine porka wheels to get money etc,yeah mate would love to go for a spin,ill take you out in my bog standard s3 as i said i would,dont wanna sound gay but u got my number mate give us a caqll when your free

Very nice seen a very simaler one in stockport yesterday, would probably lose that HKS induction kit though, well known for bad filteration, Apexi dry cotton filters are apparently much better

nothing wrong with the hks filters!! just as long as you change the filter often!!

Very nice seen a very simaler one in stockport yesterday

Was it stolen? Im local-ish to Stocky! Meant to be down there training with Master Chen today, but it aint gonna happen lol!

Nice motor, love earlier Evo's, look every bit a mental piece oof kit. Mate's got one, TME, and its remapped to 320, and ive never been in a car so quick over all roads ever!

i took the enkie wheels off as they are only 17" and look crap imo!! still got them and wont be selling them!! + the advans are much lighter!!

Nice looking car mate, its interesting that a previous owner has removed the expensive/sought after enkie wheels and replaced them with advan wheels. I wonder why this was done?

i took the enkie wheels off as they are only 17" and look crap imo!! still got them and wont be selling them!! + the advans are much lighter!!

You dont waste any time mate! Good to see your holding on to the enkie's for resale time for all them purists. Crikey those advans must be really light as the enkies are supposed to be light and youve gone up a size, the advans do look good, the anthrecite really works on that car.

Lol yea i was in to minds weather to get white wheels again, but those came up at a good price so couldnt turn them down!! Thanks for all your comments guys. I still think ill end up getting a s4 in a few years tho!!

You dont waste any time mate! Good to see your holding on to the enkie's for resale time for all them purists. Crikey those advans must be really light as the enkies are supposed to be light and youve gone up a size, the advans do look good, the anthrecite really works on that car.

Update..

clutch is all done the other week,

picked up my cams and pulleys etc last week!! just need to get the rods changed and get the turbo kit now!! ill keep ya posted!
also going to get it on the rollers hopefully next weekend ill post the results!