wheel spacers how wide??

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
im going to buy some wheel spacers at the end of the week or start of next week but am a little unsure how wide i need i want the wheels to sit right on the edge of the wheel arch possibly little further out so as to get euro look, i measured up the distance i think it is to the edge of the wheel arch from the rim and is about 10mm (20mm total track) on the front and 25mm (50mm total track) on the rear with my wheels being 8.5" wide is this about right??

has anyone gone as wide as this??

might even go 20mm (40mm total track) on front and 35mm (70mm total track) on rear or would that be to rediculous??

any pics, comments and details of what you have be much apriciated

Depends on your suspension fella, if its rock hard & it wont bounce return so it rubs then you would be fine with wider stance, but TBH 10 on front & 10 rear is standard really, maybe others can comment but mine was 10 all round, but think 15 will fit ok on rears without rubbing.

i have standard shocks and h+r springs

Mine is 15mm rear and 10mm front on standard suspension and Avus alloys and probably wouldn't go any wider, especially as yours is lowered. As you can see from the following pic, the wheels sit just inside the arches now:

020.jpg

hey mate. Ive got 20mm spacers all round (40mm track widening) with 8" wide wheels, et35!!! Just out of interest, whats the H&R springs like??? what mm lower is it??

Think 20/25 will rub with lowered springs & standard suspension most at rear I think is 15 but I could be wrong.

Scott has yours got uprated suspenders

Also yours are 8 & his are 8.5 so wouldnt that make it 15 or less rears max anyway?

hey mate. Ive got 20mm spacers all round (40mm track widening) with 8" wide wheels, et35!!! Just out of interest, whats the H&R springs like??? what mm lower is it??

the h+r springs are great, comfortable ride still not much harder than standard handel really well for just springs and sensibly lowered by 25mm

One of the most important things Kev, is what ET your wheels are?

Damian @ DPM
my wheels are 8.5*18 et35, do you need to get new wheel bolts or do they come in the kits im going to get h+r spacers

Some places do the bolts seperate and some do them with the correct bolts included.

Give us a shout if you want a quote on them.

Damian @ DPM
ok will give you a ring at the end of the week maybe depending on my pay day, whats the normal delivery time on these??

Would depend on what size you were after mate? I think we have the 10mm and 15mm in stock at the moment for the S3 but don't think we have anything above that but can get them within 5-7 days.

Damian @ DPM

go to the place i got mine from mate!!! 4 20mm spacers, 16 longer bolts and 4 longer locking nuts for £150!!! theres a link on my post 'gallardo wheels' well impressed with them!!

May have to purchase some H&R springs then!!! did you find its lower at the front?? wanted it the same all the way round!

Nigel, just running standard springs at the mo. Dont rub what so ever with the et35 / 20mm spacers.

Not sure if the extra half an inch ( 8.5j makes a difference) although, cant remember who it was (noggy blue mtm s3 with black mtm bimotos on) said he was running 10mm spacer all round, 8.5j and et35 and were sitting right on the edge of the arch. looked good!

go to the place i got mine from mate!!! 4 20mm spacers, 16 longer bolts and 4 longer locking nuts for £150!!! theres a link on my post 'gallardo wheels' well impressed with them!!

May have to purchase some H&R springs then!!! did you find its lower at the front?? wanted it the same all the way round!

Nigel, just running standard springs at the mo. Dont rub what so ever with the et35 / 20mm spacers.

Not sure if the extra half an inch ( 8.5j makes a difference) although, cant remember who it was (noggy blue mtm s3 with black mtm bimotos on) said he was running 10mm spacer all round, 8.5j and et35 and were sitting right on the edge of the arch. looked good!
nice one cheers for all the good info, the springs sit really well pretty level all round the front may sit very slightly lower but very marginally, check out my picture on this link http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=55854

mines the imola yellow one half way down the page

think i may go with my initial decision then with 10mm front and 25mm rear, think the rears look like they sit in the arches to much if was to go with just 15mm then the wheels would sit just inside the arch id like them to sit right on the edge of the arch even if i may have to do a little arch work, although im feeling confident lol

well i have stuck with my decision and orderd the 10mm fronts and 25mm rear hopefully be hear next week somepoint and go from there

where did ya order them from matey?? ya motors gunna look the nuts!!!

where did ya order them from matey?? ya motors gunna look the nuts!!!

i rang them people from ebay that you gave me the link to but they only do tne 20mm spacer for the s3, i got them from dpm bit expensive but are going to be really good quality, yeah im hoping it will look the nuts, lol

Slightly off topic.

I am considering going for some spacers - 15mm rear and 10mm front.

I will also be getting my car 4 wheel aligned once it has been lowered. Is it best to get it aligned before the spacers go on, or does it not matter?

Cheers,

ICE

i have the same as wheels you kev i've only done the rear wheels by 15mm eibach hubcentric ones it looks just right i think...but if you get front spacers make sure there hubcentrics because the centre hub on the wheels are slightly camfered i got 5mm spacers and they didn't fit right and made my steering shake.

i have the same as wheels you kev i've only done the rear wheels by 15mm eibach hubcentric ones it looks just right i think...but if you get front spacers make sure there hubcentrics because the centre hub on the wheels are slightly camfered i got 5mm spacers and they didn't fit right and made my steering shake.
yeah the fronts will be 10mm h+r and they say there hubcentric so hoping will be all ok, funny enough i saw a post you put up earlier and noticed on your specs that you had the 15mm spacers so looked up your pic thread, mine should look good me thinks:yes:

well just recived my wheel spacers and fitted, drove home from work for lunch only about 1mile and first impressions are how much butter the steering feels, it feels much more responsive and direct, didnt really expect much change really, plus wow totally transformed the look of the wheels

hi m8

have you got any pics of your new set up ?

dom

well just recived my wheel spacers and fitted, drove home from work for lunch only about 1mile and first impressions are how much butter the steering feels, it feels much more responsive and direct, didnt really expect much change really, plus wow totally transformed the look of the wheels

Glad to hear it mate!

Damian @ DPM

Get some pix up dude, preferbaly some before and afters if you can

Cheers

sorry for taking so long to post up piccys but havent got round to it till now so heres how it did look

audiwithbbslmwheelsandhrsprings010.jpg

audiwithbbslmwheelsandhrsprings013.jpg

And now it looks like this

wheelspacers001.jpg

wheelspacers002.jpg

wheelspacers003.jpg

Not quite as wide as i was hoping but they do look 100% better so not going to moan plus any wider they would rubb as its pretty close up thre actually, hope you all like

That's spot on matey :thumbsup: Like you say they couldn't have come out any further without risk of rubbing.

On a side note can I ask if you've got tints on your car? The "before" pics clearly haven't but the "after" ones look much darker. If they are tinted then what percentage of tint did you go for? I'm looking at getting mine done and can't decide what would look best. Thanks!

That's spot on matey :thumbsup: Like you say they couldn't have come out any further without risk of rubbing.

On a side note can I ask if you've got tints on your car? The "before" pics clearly haven't but the "after" ones look much darker. If they are tinted then what percentage of tint did you go for? I'm looking at getting mine done and can't decide what would look best. Thanks!

no havent got tints on it must be the way the angle of the photo was taken, i had 50% tint on my old car and was spot on against the silver paint, but my freind had 30% tint i think on his car which was dark blue and looked spot on to so i would'nt go as dark on a darker colour car other wise might look bit to black