Buying replacement parts, a dealership visit each time?

Gavin Cooper

More power captain
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to tidy up my 100,000 mile S3 as some parts are failing. Just noticed the rear license plate lamp lenses are broken and I've been searching all over the net to order some replacements (x2).

Do anyone know if I can order stuff like this off the net or does it have to be a dealer visit each time (and you really don't want to get me started about Audi Bristol!) I know there are places like GSF/VW audi spares but they don't do the smaller 'cosmetic' parts...

Any help is appreciated as always.

Cheers
Gav

Vw Audi Breakers? Google it, im sure i saw one around bristol.

small cosmetics parts is better to get them at Audi. esp because of the trim colour (in case of plastic), etc...

Yeah, I got most of the parts for my S3 from a dealer mainly as after you've added VAT and delivery from others it worked out more than buying through the dealer. Plus some of the parts are dealer specific as adbus says

Cheers guys, thanks for your help.
As you say for the really small parts (like the lamp lenses) it'll be worth going to the Audi breaker (All Audi - in Bristol). If not I'll just go to the dealer as you're right the cost difference on low cost items will be neglible.

Out of interest, been having a lack boost recently and found it missfiring some times too. Changed to coil packs and went back to a stock DV (rather than Forge DV) after speaking with MRC and it's back! :racer:

Cheers all,
G