Water Leak on Drivers Side

S3DBW

Reaction score
Just recently developed a leak on the Drivers Side Footwell, right in the centre of the floor. No obvious sign of water at the sides, but the centre area of the carpet is getting pretty damp. Any way for this to be coming in from underneath?

If anybody has experienced similar and found the answers, I would be grateful to hear from them.

I'm not sure if this is a problem on Audi's, but it sounds like a leaky or blown heater matrix.

You don't say if this happens after it rains or not. How is the engine coolant level?

Came to hoover out my A3 T Sport one Saturday winters morning to find the passenger footwell sodden ! Booked it into Derby Audi expecting a big bill yet picked it up later that only 40 quid odd worse off. Apparently the drainage hole for the air con system had got blocked and was causing excess water to re-enter the cabin. A full flush cured the problem.

Coolant levels are fine, only noticed it the other day and the roads have been wet up here in the far North since, so I reckon its probably rain related, Cant see any obvious place where its getting in though. Definately just water though, nothing else mixed with it

Dry today and after drying it out last night, two small damp patches showing where your heels normally rest during driving after a short (10 mile) drive to work.

"drainage hole for the air con system had got blocked and was causing excess water to re-enter the cabin", does anybody know where this drainage hole is located so I can check?