Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Audi A3 – S3 Bumper Conversion Parts & Part Numbers

Gepl

Status
    No it wont. S3 bumper is made from aone peace, A3 from two. The A3 lower gril is actuly a lower part of the bumper.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gepl83 View Post
    No it wont. S3 bumper is made from aone peace, A3 from two. The A3 lower gril is actuly a lower part of the bumper.
    Will get you pics tomorrow mate.

Ruairi

A3on18s

Status
    Hi, im new to this site and i think its quality! i want to do an s3 8L front bumper conversion and i just wondered if anyone knew where i could source a silver s3 bumper ? thanks

3rd Gear

Status
    ebay for bumper and then get it painted mate. thats your best best or steelers...

A3on18s

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ruairi83 View Post
    ebay for bumper and then get it painted mate. thats your best best or steelers...
    Thanks mate

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi, im new to this site and i think its quality! i want to do an s3 8L front bumper conversion and i just wondered if anyone knew where i could source a silver s3 bumper ? thanks

2nd Gear

Status

thought i'd put a copy of this in here to save loads of sticky's... (A3 - S3 WINGS)

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_Adamski View Post
    ok few pics from the other day this should help the people interested in the wings...

OK bascially the wings line up as normal under the bonnet check your gaps and also pay attention to the adjusters behind the splash guard and also the ones the front of the wings bolt too... onece lined up properly bolt it all up and you get a nice straight wing....

OK when at this stage i will assure you, you need the wing end covers off a S3! part no's :- 8L9 821 111, 8L9 821 112

these will ensure no crap comes through, the splash guards fitted good enough to warrent not worrying about getting S3 ones too so thats fine...

now for the bottom of the wings... Basically the wing foul the sill on a normal A3 so i needed to cut a diagonal so the wing misses the sill
    unsure how clear this is but here:-

So then i began to scratch my head about securing the lower part... So initially i made a steel mount which was very agricultrual... And i really needed something that curved with the sill and met the wing!?

SO i had a brainwave and cut the sill part on the STD wing and adjusted it and welded it cut a hole and bolted it onto the wing ...

this was not SOLID as i bolted into the STD plastic fitting but holds in place nice what could be done it washers and nut and bolt i'll leave mine just for now tho....

heres the sill :- (apologise for the bracket looking gash i will be removing it tomorrow and rubbing it down and hammeriting it

So basically thats the wing conversion... ALSO dont forget you need the S3 front bumper guides to fit the S3 bumper on too

heres a front pic

will explain about the rear bumper tomorrow as i'm tired

Ad...

5th Gear

Status
    why is people saying you do need the rails and other' you dont!

2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant. 3.0 V6 Quattro Sport

Reverse Gear

Status

What part number is?

Does anyone knows what is the part number of this part in the pictures?
    I need right and left part number.
    This a 8L S3.

5th Gear

Status
    same here please

2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant. 3.0 V6 Quattro Sport

Reverse Gear

Status

I found the part numbers and know I want to buy!

Quote Originally Posted by davidisurf View Post
    Does anyone knows what is the part number of this part in the pictures?
    I need right and left part number.
    This a 8L S3.
    You can find any part number on vagcat.com

I'm looking for this parts below for 2001 Audi S3 (8L):
    8L9807682A = air guide grille right lower / S3
    8L7853579 = covering / side member extension LEFT rear / S3
    8L7853580 = covering / side member extension RIGHT rear / S3
    How much is each part and how much is shipping to Brazil?
    My MSN davidisurf@hotmail.com
    Thanks!

2nd Gear

Status
    What are people doing about the rear arches?

Im almost an S3 replica, but the rear arches are frankly inferior to my new S3 wings..
    Audi S3 MTM
    345 BHP, K26 Turbo - MTM Manifold, Downpipe and Milltek Cat Back
    Polished Inlet - Facelift Front & Rear - Black Badges, Welly FMIC, N249 Bypass,

To Come - Anthracite Rs4s

------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE:
    Audi S3 Genuine Chrome Mirror Caps. PM Me for Details

2nd Gear

Status
    rears are not doable unless you can get genuine ones and cut and weld not worth the ŁŁŁ if you ask me

Reverse Gear

Status
    Does anyone know information on doing this for a 2005 8P?? I bought my boyfriend a new genuine S3 chrome grill after stupidly taking advice from guy in store that it would fit directly onto car which is a 2005 5door A3 Sline Quattro - now i need to go and buy the rest new bumper etc - can anyone help me??? Please??

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by annmarie View Post
    Does anyone know information on doing this for a 2005 8P?? I bought my boyfriend a new genuine S3 chrome grill after stupidly taking advice from guy in store that it would fit directly onto car which is a 2005 5door A3 Sline Quattro - now i need to go and buy the rest new bumper etc - can anyone help me??? Please??

Hi

Does your A3 have the two split grilles? If so your gonna need a new bonnet 2006+, S3 bumper, S3 Grille (you got) S3 fog light surrounds and S3 foglights also you will need to trim the crash bar aswell. Or the bumper wont fit.
    If you already have the single grille front end you will need to glue the S3 grille into place as its shorter than the A3 grilles so wont be secure. And welcome to the forum
    Last edited by Ash B; 21st March 2011 at 12:02.
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have just fitted an S3 rear bumper to my a3 tdi, was fairly straight forward, but it doesn't quite line up right, im guessing I need to buy the S3 rails and re fit the bumper on to the S3 rails?

I also got a s3 tailgate with spoiler and the facelift rear lights, all in the same colour as my A3! One slight problem the tailgate is from a facelift and mine is pre facelift, the electrics for the central locking and lock barrel seem different so I wont be able to swap my lock over!? Has anyone done this successfully ?

Cheers

Rich

2nd Gear

Status
    id love to do just the rear arches rear and front bumpers only. get sum mad spacers ont he back would look mean!
    CAR IS GONNA BE LOOKING SWEEEET :D

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richieroo View Post
    I have just fitted an S3 rear bumper to my a3 tdi, was fairly straight forward, but it doesn't quite line up right, im guessing I need to buy the S3 rails and re fit the bumper on to the S3 rails?

I also got a s3 tailgate with spoiler and the facelift rear lights, all in the same colour as my A3! One slight problem the tailgate is from a facelift and mine is pre facelift, the electrics for the central locking and lock barrel seem different so I wont be able to swap my lock over!? Has anyone done this successfully ?

Cheers

Rich

i had this the boots are identical just remove the spoiler and bond it on your one with tiger seal i did this and its fine.

1999 A3 1.8t quattro M/T

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paul26982 View Post
    why is people saying you do need the rails and other' you dont!
    I just acquired a Rieger front bumper off an S3 (for my A3) and am wondering the same thing... Do I need the guide rails for my 8L1 or no?

Neutral

Status
    hi all im new to the site and this seems to be the best place to ask? do the mk1 s3 headlights from the face lift (1 piece) fit to the bumper/wings of the 2000 s3?? cheers

1st Gear

Status
    Live in Ipswich Suffolk (orig from W London)
    Hi Guys

Sorry to dig up this thread again

My Car is Facelift
    the S3 front Bumper i got is pre facelift
    Can i drill it to bolt to the wings ? will it fit or do i need a facelift bumper ?
    2001 Audi A3 (8L) 1.9Tdi SE 110 3d in Mineral Grey.
    18" TD 1.2s & Toyos, S3 Seats with Kufatec looms, JOM Coilovers, .240 Nozzles (HFLO-X),PD150 Turbo (GT1749VB) Malone tuning map,Pipercross Air Filter,PD150 inlet manifold,PD150 TiP,PD150 Maf, Darkside EGR Delete,Darkside Alloy Intercooler & Pipe kit,Darkside Turbo Oil feed pipe,11mm Pump, PD lift pump. Currently 188hp and 320lbft, Southbend SMF st2, milltek full system with golf 4mo tailpipes,S3bumpers,Liquid Gauge,VCDS Lite Registered

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12