porsche carrera and ST whooping

s3 al

Reaction score
Had a go with a carrera tonight and nailed him good, let him get the jump on me and he really was nowhere i must have pulled a good 15 cars on him no bother and on the second stretch wasted him worse. Pretty happy with the s3 now :rock:

After that an ST came along, this had a miltek exhaust system and a few other mods, he stayed with me longer but after 80 i just kept pulling and pulling. Not sure what bhp my s3 is putting out but iam nw very interested to find out. Anyonelse had a go with anything similar recently??

Ahahahahhahahahaha.

You're an idiot.

Was it a 1989 Carrera? Otherwise he just wasnt an idiot and didnt want to race some chav in an S3. A 911 would destroy your car.

Perhaps you shouldnt brag about driving irresponsibly on a public forum.

Why not just post videos on youtube of you racing round and putting other road users at risk, everyone else doe's!!

Fool....

that does sound very strange....a carrera would ruin you on paper and reality...top end it would do more damage id have expected....... curious to know the year.....

Dave...im sure we all have a play now and again....unless your one of these that spends a fortune on his car and pussypedals it at a constant 30mph...i assume not but your welcome to prove me wrong

Wouldnt however post that sort of speed unless its on a private road though Al...good tip mate

Had a go with a carrera tonight and nailed him good??

emotlol_21.gif

Al you sound like me back in the day!!! lol. If im honest the carrera would pretty much ruin you!!! and as for the st focus.... i stuggled keeping up 2 a standard 1 in my revo mapped s3!!! Nippy little bugga! I no exactly how you feel though, it does give a buzz when trying it on with similar speced cars and you just pull away!!!

Talking about carreras, my mate has a calibre turbo astra van (sounds chavvy but he builds them) and took me down a local bypass where we pulled aside a brand new carrera... both floored it and the van abolsutely canes in front!!! (its 380bhp in a astra van shell!!!) mental

Had a go with a carrera tonight and nailed him good, let him get the jump off the roundabout and after 80 he was nowhere i must have pulled a good 15 cars on him no bother and on the second bypass wasted him worse. Pretty happy with the s3 now :rock:

15 cars?!? do you think he was really trying? even if he was a sh*t driver you wouldn't win!

p

Ha i know i know but he was honestly giving it everything was not fast my mates golf vr would slaughter it, whats the point in having an s3 if all you do is sit on an audi forum and try and mock people, bit pathetic imo.

Ahahahahhahahahaha.

You're an idiot.

Was it a 1989 Carrera? Otherwise he just wasnt an idiot and didnt want to race some chav in an S3. A 911 would destroy your car.

Perhaps you shouldnt brag about driving irresponsibly on a public forum.

you really are an **** you really should get a grip, take it you dont get much fanny mybey thats why you have the cheek to call me an idiot you pathetic looser.

whats the point in having an s3 if all you do is sit on an audi forum and try and mock people, bit pathetic imo.

I agree mate. too many self righteous ******** on this forum.

Although I do feel your story about the carrera is a little far fetched. My bosses 3.2 carrera destroys my s3 in every way possible.

To be honest mate i didnt expect to beat it so bad and i know what everyone is saying but im just telling it how it happend.

I've given a shock or two to the odd carrera 4 and 4s driver, but then again I have a hoofing great big turbo on board!

What year Carrera was it? A 1980 911 SC only has about 175hp IIRC?

was an 02 plate mate the guy was giving it all it had.

Just checked the specs of a carrera and im surprised is has 320bhp. thought they were more than that. even so it clocks 60 in 5 seconds and 177 top end..... plus better gearing / rear wheel drive etc..... Think somebody would struggle in a 350bhp s3!!! Wheres grathies when ya need him!!!! lol

al, how could you tell he was proppa bootin it???

You beat an 02 plate Carrera in your S3? Is your S3 a remapped 8P S3????

An 8L would have trouble keeping up with a 2.7 Boxster, nevermind a 911!!!

Funniest post EVAR.

Living in the land of the fairies you are!!!!!

I thought the 996 had over 300bhp and was meant to do 0-60 in about 5secs. I'm afraid i'm gonna have to agree with Dave - either the porsche was broken or the guy wasn't trying. Either that or your S3 is one of the fastest ones in the world!?

Most porsche drivers ive seen cant drive for **** (i said most...not bein stereotypical) and only buy 1 just to say they have 1 not actually to apriciate the full aesthetics and driveabillity of a 911!!! ..... so when an s3 canes past them, they panic and forget to change down a gear and waft along then give up!!! lol.

Let me put my 2 peneth in:

Last night I had a little blip with a nissan skyline r32 on the A27 from Hilsea (portsmouth) towards Chichester.......and before anyone starts telling me im iresponsible.....it was 1am in the morning with nothing else on the road. The skyline completely anihilated my 265-270bhp small wheezy turbo'd S3 and to be honest, most other cars do too. My Impreza would definately have done a better job without any doubt!! Off the line with the traction control switched off, a remapped S3 with a small turbo is a pretty good laugh against a fair few high performance cars upto 60mph but after that.....FORGET IT!!:keule:

I actually was looking at buying an r32 gtr the other day!!! saw it in bradford and thought, thats really clean for its age then noticed it had r34 brembos all round and volk racing wheels..... Looking on pistonheads and saw it..... thought, that looks familiar...... its got 500bhp!!!! no wunder it had massive callipers. was only 11grand!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/511021.htm

Let me put my 2 peneth in:

Last night I had a little blip with a nissan skyline r32 on the A27 from Hilsea (portsmouth) towards Chichester.......and before anyone starts telling me im iresponsible.....it was 1am in the morning with nothing else on the road. The skyline completely anihilated my 265-270bhp small wheezy turbo'd S3 and to be honest, most other cars do too. My Impreza would definately have done a better job without any doubt!! Off the line with the traction control switched off, a remapped S3 with a small turbo is a pretty good laugh against a fair few high performance cars upto 60mph but after that.....FORGET IT!!:keule:

tut tut tut, in my younger days I was stopped for speeding along that stretch having a run with a lexus...

dont find it to hard to belive a tuned s3 could beat a porsche heres some
stats

0-60 -1/4 miles​

911 (964) Carrera 5.89 - 14.79
boxter 2.7 5.96 - 14.33

Focus ST 6.68 - 15.06

S3 Quattro 5.93 - 14.71​

AL ppl on here probz thought u ment u beat a 997 carrera but it was probz a boxter u raced which aitn that great tbh. As far as the focus st go there not that great either nice cars but not rapid lol

stats

0-60 -1/4 miles​

boxter 2.7 5.96 - 14.33

Focus ST 6.68 - 15.06

S3 Quattro 5.93 - 14.71​

Very interesting...but an 02 Carrera isn't a 964, is it?
It'll be a 996.

AL ppl on here probz thought u ment u beat a 997 carrera but it was probz a boxter u raced which aitn that great tbh. As far as the focus st go there not that great either nice cars but not rapid lol

Any chance you can re-read the sticky post about typing in legible English?
That lot is barely readable.

You have a full keyboard I assume...please use it...'txt' talk is very hard to read.

stats
0-60 -1/4 miles​
boxter 2.7 5.96 - 14.33

Focus ST 6.68 - 15.06
S3 Quattro 5.93 - 14.71​

was an 02 plate mate the guy was giving it all it had.

He said it was an 02 plate, so if it was a 911 it would be the 996 which after searching on good old wiki was given 320bhp in 2002 and does 0-60 in 4.9secs!!

I've never had a go with one, i wouldn't even try!! I personally dont think there's any way that an S3 could beat that - particulalry by 15 cars!!

Ess Three has a C4S so maybe he can shed some light on some of the performance differences between the 911 and the S3!

Had a go with a carrera tonight and nailed him good, let him get the jump on me and he really was nowhere i must have pulled a good 15 cars on him no bother and on the second stretch wasted him worse. Pretty happy with the s3 now :rock:

'course you did!
What's the weather like in your world?
Keep taking the medication mate.

Maybe you should ask someone who has owned a chipped S3 - or even a well modified S3 - how they get on against Boxsters/Carreras.
Or ask them why they now own a Boxster/Carrera.

I'll give you a clue...it's not because the Porsche is slower.

I know how my old S3 compared to my C4S because David R who bought it and I have 'evaluated' them against each other.
The S3 may be quick (er) out of tight corners...and perhaps quicker to 70-80 off roundabouts (by 1/2 a car length...against an S3 making 280 genuine BHP and 330 lb-ft)...but the S3 quicker by 15 car lengths?

Easily quicker you say...I think not.
Faster again on the next stretch....yeah, right.

I'd say he was thinking "look at this Chav making a **** of himself" and left you to it.

No matter...you claim the 'kill'.
Maybe one day you'll realise what a tit you've made yourself look.

Take that as a yes then!!! uncle had a c4s then a 996 turbo!! awesome machines!

Just read the full post about the detail. What an awesome job.. i no what ya mean though, didnt wanna drive mine after having it done so it didnt get dirty. Cant say ive ever seen a yellow c4s before... good choice!!!

Guys.......before it all gets out of hand.

Does it REALLY matter that he had bit of a laugh with a Porsche (whatever model it may have been) in his S3?? Al was just probably chuffed that he'd pulled away from the Porsche!
Dave you miserable git, there wasnt any need to **** on his cornflakes....just ******* on them would have been enough! LOL

******* hell, cant I just tell im gonna be 42 next birthday, im starting to post like an old man!!!!

Blondie (can never remember your real name), I once hit 170mph along that stretch of road about 16 years ago on my RG500 gamma, could only manage 147 bouncing off the rev limiter in my Scooby!! eeeek:beee:

You beat an 02 plate Carrera in your S3? Is your S3 a remapped 8P S3????

An 8L would have trouble keeping up with a 2.7 Boxster, nevermind a 911!!!

Funniest post EVAR.

Living in the land of the fairies you are!!!!!

whilst i agree with a lot said on this thread...the 2.7 Boxster i dont..... my old A3 150bhp wasnt far off the pace....i know because i used to follow a mate to work in his X plater a couple of years back....really wasnt much in it.....he upgraded to the later 3.2 and ruined me then lol

reminds me of the good old r32 / clio 197 sandwhich!!! lol

Which ST? 170? unless you have a BT S3 I think you're talking utter ********