Review of S3 ownership...

FazS3

Reaction score
Well well lads, its been a month since i bought my S3 and thought i would share my thoughts with everyone on the forum.My driving experience started with a vauxhall calibra moving onto a golf v6 4motion and after this i bought a very highly modded golf vr6 highline (M19D VR) this was all by the age of 18.I had my VR6 for two years and thought it was a time for a change so at the age of 20 i have bought my S3 and I have to say its one of the best cars i have drove.The build quality and enjoyement of driving is amazing.I have driven various cars i usually have my mates civic type r everyweekend which in its own respect is a remarakable car.Well back onto the subject of the S3, in standard form they are not mindblowingly fast but I do think that they give alot of cars a good run for their money.I think buying my S3 was the best decision i possibly could have made.I would like to take this chance to thank everybody who has offered advice to me and I have to state this is a very good forum!SO RESPECT TO ALL YOU S3 OWNERS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!:rockwoot:

yes mate but i dont know how to put them up within the thread lol :laugh:

lol

you have to host them on something like photobucket, then post the url on here

don't let Dave or Prawn see this post ***

Well well lads, its been a month since i bought my S3 and thought i would share my thoughts with everyone on the forum.My driving experience started with a vauxhall calibra moving onto a golf v6 4motion and after this i bought a very highly modded golf vr6 highline (M19D VR) this was all by the age of 18.I had my VR6 for two years and thought it was a time for a change so at the age of 20 i have bought my S3 and I have to say its one of the best cars i have drove.The build quality and enjoyement of driving is amazing.I have driven various cars i usually have my mates civic type r everyweekend which in its own respect is a remarakable car.Well back onto the subject of the S3, in standard form they are not mindblowingly fast but I do think that they give alot of cars a good run for their money.I think buying my S3 was the best decision i possibly could have made.I would like to take this chance to thank everybody who has offered advice to me and I have to state this is a very good forum!SO RESPECT TO ALL YOU S3 OWNERS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!:rockwoot:

i just saw this car at midland vw bout 2 weeks ago. very nice car!

Big respect mate!!! awesome looking car. Just out of interest how much did it set you back??

I think the fact your S3 has 345bhp probably has something to do with the enjoyment factor :)

8600090.jpg

8600091.jpg

8600092.jpg

8600094.jpg

THOUGHT I WOULD PUT SOME PICS OF THE VR ASWEL S3(NOT TO CLEAR)

8600112.jpg

8600113.jpg

8600117.jpg

8600115.jpg

that VR is very very tasty,I especially like the Wolfsburg badge on the tail

I'm not sure what to think of the S3, I spent months searching for one and ended up flying to Bournemouth to pick this up..

SNV30676.jpg

SNV30672.jpg

It's standard apart from a map to around 265 I think and has only done 48k but I'm just not sure about it! The interior is quality and the inside is a nice place to be.. I just think that it's a bit souless and very easy to get used to! I've only had it since the beginning of March and I'm already thinking of selling up.. I've been into VW's for a long time and feel like I want another! So a mint S3 might be up for sale soon! I did the same as you, I bought this as standard and spent a fair few quid on it and then decided to sell for the S3.. I'm not sure taht I did the right thing!!

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

SNV30616.jpg

Then again.. You do have 345bhp!

lee were you on vr6 oc??nice vr btw how much you get for it??did yours have any engine mods on it??its all about the sound of them motors!!

lee were you on vr6 oc??nice vr btw how much you get for it??did yours have any engine mods on it??its all about the sound of them motors!!

I was mate, didn't go on much though! I spent most of my time on edition38. Cheers, it's a nice car. I sold it for £5500 which is good money in todays market, it had only done 60k and was mint. I spent about £7000 on that car. It only had the Ram Air Induction but the engine was really strong and full of torque, I tested it against a few VR's and it seemed to pull away from them. The noise is phenominal theres nothing like it is there! I was going to charge it but decided to sell up as I went in a charged one and wasnt that impressed.. So decided to buy a car with a turbo!

I went down the same path.
the VR soundtrack gives me wood :laugh:

mine was put up against a cuple of supercharged 1s wasnt to impressed but mine did have alot of engine work done on it ie cams etc..yeah the sound is missed!!!!you did get really good money for it!