revo help

tel

4x4 junkie
Reaction score
hi guys need some advise i had my car remapped by power dynamics in uxbridge (power engineering basically) and even tho it drives ok i was told once he finished setting it up it would see around the 215bhp which i was over the moon about,

well he put it on the rollers yesterday and it produced 191bhp which is even lower than what revo say you will get with no mods atall (they claim 207bhp)

mods to my engine are 3" downpipe and decat with a milltek exhaust system, k&n airfilter and a 4bar pressure regulator

surely it will produce more power than this after all i have a perfectly healthy engine, i cant help feeling abit short changed as i felt the guy was fobbing me off telling me not to be dissapointed with the figures it got he was saying something about transmission losses and its good power

thing is am i right to be dissapointed?

sorry for the long post :ohmy:

it could be a number of things, you have to remember that not all rolling roads are accurate anyway though, i take it you have the 150bhp 1.8t ko3? was the map a custom or a generic map? if it was a generic map that probably wouldn't have taken into account your mods.

hi yea its the 150bhp ko3 fly by wire which he said makes a differance

its was a generic map but the said he would tweek it to get the best out of it, he showed me that he could adjust the fuel, timing , and boost and he set it up on the rollers once it was loaded on but dont under stand why its so down on power, im running it on v power too so would of been even less on normal unleaded

Dose it feel like it should have more power? have you got someone you can go up against?!! i have heard of rolling roads having a difference of 20-30 bhp some just aren't that accurate, or it might just be a crap map but i would have thought you should have got more than that, a friend had his mapped and got 190bhp from standard.

na no other vag i can go up against my mate has a msd vectra gsi 2.6 and mine does his with ease, i know what your saying about the roller differances im thinking about ringing revo hq tomorrow and explain the situation and see what they say i know its only fiqures but after paying £470 quid i wanted a decent graph to go with it lol

key question here Tel
what was the figures before the remap?

key question here Tel
what was the figures before the remap?

Hit nail head. What's to say you weren't running under-powered before the remap and you just didn't realise. They did actually do a pre-remap run didn't they?

na they didnt this is kinda my point about fobbing me off all i can tell ya is that the car ran .05 bar boost which is normal as far as i was aware

dont get me wrong to say its slow would be silly had a play with an s3 the other day and we were pretty much neck and neck he certainly wasnt leaving me behind

maybe i should try a differant rolling road to see what i get

what year is your car mate? whats the engine code?

If it's 2001 onwards, with an AUM engine, 191 sounds a little low.....

if it's pre 2001, with an AGU or ARZ engine, then 191bhp sounds perfect.

You said its drive by wire? So im guessing its a K03 on a AGU.

Their rollers are pretty accurate ive been told, figures eem spot on, its how it drives though at the end of the day, its only a piece of paper you get....

J

what year is your car mate? whats the engine code?

If it's 2001 onwards, with an AUM engine, 191 sounds a little low.....

if it's pre 2001, with an AGU or ARZ engine, then 191bhp sounds perfect.

hi matey its a 2001 aum ko3 dbw

You said its drive by wire? So im guessing its a K03 on a AGU.

Their rollers are pretty accurate ive been told, figures eem spot on, its how it drives though at the end of the day, its only a piece of paper you get....

J

its an aum mate, your only round the corner from me suprised i havent seen yours around

Have you ever cleaned/changed your maf mate cause sometimes this will make a difference, just an ideas its an 01 & 7 year old maf certainly makes you consider changing, they are pain in the **** sensors that are very unpredictable to know if its faulty, but my parts guy holds them on shelf so I tested on mine before, but my Revo guy who now runs AMD always suggests checking the MAF & he knows Revo very well, dont quote me but its one thing I always checked on my old S3, give Simon a ring at AMD surrey, not essex & ask him about Revo & your car, see if he can advise you.

Nigel.

cheers for that the guy dave who mapped my car did mention about the maf but mine has been changed so he said that was good as one less thing to worrie about

How long ago was it changed fella?

With the extra boost, check your diverter valve pipes, this has so much increased pressure it regularly popped 1 or 2 small tubes of until I changed the jubilees for more robust ones but be careful not to tighten to much that the metal pipe is crushed, even a small leak could make big issues, give the diverter a clean aswell, is it stock or aftermarket as stock ones are crap, check airbox for leaves.

Silly things I know but trying to suggest all I can & hope not to much like sucking eggs.

another thing is I dont know if you have heard about the collapsing intake to the turbo when you remap/extra boost, basically the intake collapses under the boost so Forge & another have made a replacement for the stock audi one, check Awesome's site for that mate, but as I said these are only ideas so dont quote me on your issue but they are known issues worth a glance at.

If I think of anymore I will post.

Tel....
not being funny mate, i had an A3 1.8T on a 98 plate, i was running 194bhp on my car, if your cars got the K03 Turbo like mine had then it dosen't matter what mods you do because the K03 will run out of steam at about 195bhp.... if you have the K03s then you could achieve anything upto 230bhp with mods. I wouldn't be to disappointed !
I thought the A3's with the Drive by wire were K03s...but i could be wrong !!! If your car is a 2001 then i would say it is a K03s, if so then it's under powered .......

Yeah nearly 200bhp is pretty damn good & not to be disppointed at at all TBH considering its not an S3.

i gotta say i thought you guys would be telling me to go down and kick off im supprised at the feedback, im sure mines got the ko3 how can i tell if its the k03s then?

You can call parts of the local stealer & ask them against your chassis what is the replacement turbo for your car, should be listed as which type, just say you want a price but want to check if its a K03 or K03s version, thats what I would do anyway if its stock turbo, also maybe etka will show, I'll check mine to see if shows any model number.

I would also say get a torch & small mirror, when its cooled down a bit, lol, but I'm not sure where the engraved model/part number is on that one, anyone else? Leggy?

Tel.....
Your car is the face lift model isn't it ?? the Turbo's were changed at the same time i think..... I did drive a friends A3 that had the K03s turbo on it and that was a facelift 51 plate, the car was stanndard, but even in stanndard form you could hear the Turbo spool up a lot louder than mine, and mine had been remapped.
I wouldn't advise you to kickoff... to be fair your not to sure what Turbo your running... if it was a K03s then with your mods i'd want at least 210bhp,who did the map for you.... i cant remeber if you stated !!

Possibly in the boot... I'm not sure to be honest !

power dynamics in uxbridge same company as power engineering the ford guys
just rang revo hq and they are saying its more than likely heat soak and to fax them the power graph for them to look at which ill do tomorrow

The problem you find with many many cars on the rollers is the amount of airflow across the Intercooler a small fan can cause high intake temps. Higher air intake temps can affect your BHP massively, if your ECU senses high intake temp it will wind back the timing causing dissapointing figures.

A little tip to everyone on rolling road days...get someone to take Vag Com and plug in to each car to monitor the intake temp.

thats exactly what revo hq told me on the phone, he was saying that a car in 4th gear will be pulling best part of 100mph and the fans they use are only good for about 30mph and my ecu will be winding the boost and timing back

To try and simulate actual road driving on the rollers is near impossible....wind tunnel might help :)

Feel free to PM me if you need any help.