a3 1.9 tdi and tuning.

Leo_TDI

Reaction score
hi all im new, just registerd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

i have an a3 1.9 tdi on a 52 plate. basicily what i need to know is, what can i do to the engine, to get more bhp and torque from it? i've already had a chip, which is quite nice, but i need more.

main items i would "like" are intrcooler, dump valve, cam kit. but as i've never owned a diesel before, i dunno how tunable they are. trying to keep it looking as "standard" as i can on the out side, as to attract less unwanted attention.

its about 160 bhp, dunno about the torque, but its got plenty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
main items i would "like" are intrcooler, dump valve

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have chipped the car and have around 160bhp I presume it started life as a 130TDI in which case you already have an intercooler! and upgrading it on the diesel won't do nothing unless you are spending serious money on the car.

Diesel cars don't have dump valves as such matey!

Wow reckon I've just saved you 'bout a grand there!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RS4 Barry said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what the hell is the loud "whookish" (excuse my french) when changing gear around 3.5k-4k on my TDI Quattro which has been chipped...Or were you referring to a recirculator valve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Leo_TDI said:
its about 160 bhp, dunno about the torque, but its got plenty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the same boat as you i'm afraid mate, 170bhp and was gonna get one of those viper DV (recirulator) from AMD...Not that expensive really...Not sure on performance gains though....And you could get a sports exhaust...Overall you may gain around 10 BHP there.

[ QUOTE ]
Leo_TDI said:

[/ QUOTE ]

POSTED TWICE DUE TO THE F**KING SLOW SERVER /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Alonzo said:
[ QUOTE ]
RS4 Barry said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what the hell is the loud "whookish" (excuse my french) when changing gear around 3.5k-4k on my TDI Quattro which has been chipped...Or were you referring to a recirculator valve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

On TDI's all boost/turbo control is done through the wastgate from what I know, and can tell you that there's no DV on a TDI!