Delays!!!

Davidb67

Reaction score
ARGHHH !!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
Just been informed by the dealer that my 2.0TDi Sport has slipped from 1st wk June to "sometime in August", due to unexpected demand on DSG versions...Cant see how, you can order a DSG Golf/Touran/Seat/Skoda/rickshaw and get delivery far, far quicker than the 20 weeks this will equate to on my order.....
Most are saying the dealer's reason is paffle, that the REAL reason is due to the way Audi builds in batches.
Anyone got any views??

I've also heard that Audi have had to use some of VWs factory space meant to be for the MKV, to build more A3s and they cannot keep up with demand. Maybe that is a factor. They've had to up the 300 a day build figure.

Yak it is not possible to get compensation in this situation in the UK is it possible in Finland ?

Yep, i've got more things crossed than i have got things to cross!!!

well perhaps if the cars are not actually BUILT in batches, the audi ordering system "COLLECTS" the orders in batches - i mean it would make more sense to be building in a continuous run, maximising throughput efficiencies etc, rather than stop/start, no?

anycase, not looking good. from what's being rumoured, i'll just get hold of mine then the ****** quattro version will be out!! although to be fair, that wouldn't be on my company's list for another eternity (time enough for audi to build me one perhaps!).

Well, another few months to soldier on in my July 2000 Passat currently with 122k on the clock.

garethj, yes here it is. Of course you need to make sure the date is in the contract.

- Yak