Sorry another suspension question!

d18ony

Donnie Mac
Reaction score
Hi all

First I'll apologise for asking this as im sure it has probably been covered before several times.

My S3 has Koni FSD suspension fitted on it. It is perfectly comfortable, and handles reasonably ok. But I am looking to lower the car. To be honest im more intrested in getting the car body to drop, rather than having great ride comfort. Ive been looking at lowering springs on serveal different websites, eibach, H&R, and KW seem to be the most popular. I was going to go for the KW set, as it lowers slightly more than the rest, and Ive also been told it isnt as harshly uncomfortbaly as eibach.

Only thing that has stopped me ordering a set, is I heard that lowering springs dont really work on FSD suspension as they are designed to work with the standard springs. I dont want to damage the shockers, and I really dont want to shell out £130, and the car to sit a the same ride height as it is now! Can anyone confirm this?

Also, I take it Ide have to also buy adjustable tie bars for the rear to keep the camber setting correct?

Ide appreciate all help/advice, and sorry again if this has been covered!

Thanks A Lot

Donnie

IMO if you want to go low then get some coilovers, easiest way to get the exact height your after and if your not to bothered about comfort then there ideal !

From what I've read you shouldn't lower the car by more than 20mm if using FSD's