Wishbone bushes

Clach

A3 - 1.8Ts
Reaction score
I can get these form Audi right, and I am assuming there are four at the front?

Any info, or part number woulf be great, also do I need to redo the alignment after this is done? (2000 W 1.8t)

Cheers Guys... :beerchug:

yep, you need 2 fronts and 2 rear bushes for a front set

cheers mate, I am pretty sure an alignment as well, thought I best check...!:beerchug:

yup alignment needs to be done, but only if you change the whole wishbones as i did on my A3..... apparently if i had changed just the bushes...the alignment wasnt 'as' required

ok...just going to change the bushes, was tempted to try some of them poly.... bush jobs, but as I don't go near a track there is not much need...

What ever you do, do not fit poly bushes to the front wish bones. Use early Audi S3 or TT bushes. They fit in the A3 wishbones and are solid rubber rather than the A3 semi solid.

Cheers, do you have a part number for them...

A web link is equally good as I can imagine the frustration of ordering them from the stealers without a VIN number...

I fitted my bushes myself. Small bush pulled through with a threaded rod and some washers (or a socket).
Larger bush was thrown in the freezer over night to shrink it and then tapped into place with a drift of correct size.

Alternatively, just take the wishbone to a garage for pressing in.

Part numbers to follow, haven't got my laptop with me at the mo.

EDIT:
Large solid rubber bush for front wishbone = 8N0 407 181B
Small bush for front wishbone = 357 407 182 (this is the stock part, no need to modify)

Just came back from the Stealers, they said, nope, those bushes numbers are for quattro so 'they're no good for yer 2wd, 1.8T - Standard it is, no point in arguing really....