Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

MY98 Brake Servo Hose Recall

Hi

I'm in Ireland and I got a letter from MDL (Audi Ireland) asking me to come in for a recall relating to the brake servo pipe on MY98 A3's.

Do any of you guys konw what this entails and what the effect of the part has.

Regards

Dave N

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: MY98 Brake Servo Hose Recall

Basically they inspect the vacum hose to the brake servo and replace if necessary, from what I understand.

Would suggest you try a search in this forum and you'll see some posts from guys that have already been and had theirs checked.

6th Gear

Status

I've had mine changed. They took 1.5 hours and changed the pipes from the inlet manifold to the brake vaccum booster. Unsurprisingly, it made no difference.

HTC
    6th Gear

Status

It won't make any difference. Its just to do with the quality of the plastic produced during certain years of manufacture.

If they find you part is made of the inferior plastic then they replace it even if it isn't broken or cracked.

Its the potential to do harm they worry about.

5th Gear

Status

I know this sounds a stoopid question (but I think some people are used to me by now - lol) would this apply only to those who own the car from new? or may it apply to those who have bought the car second/third hand and out of warranty. fanx

Neutral

Status

Applies to all !!! Dealers say that they check the recall at the next service.Had mine done at Teeside Audi recently outside of normal servicing arrangements.Suggest you give a dealership a call as all the work is paid for by Audi.

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    recomdos said:
    I know this sounds a stoopid question (but I think some people are used to me by now - lol) would this apply only to those who own the car from new? or may it apply to those who have bought the car second/third hand and out of warranty. fanx

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically Audi have to try everything possible to find all of the cars affected by this issue, due to liability reasons, so regargless of in or out of warranty they must carry out the check and replace if possible.....as this is an issue of safety.
    Best thing to do is give your local stealer a call and ask about the rework.