The cars gone!!

edward_harris

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6
Reaction score
hey guys the car has been sold, got picked up on friday evening! Sad day seeing it going, but on to bigger and better things!

What's next then mate ?
are you sticking with Audi or going to try something else ?

Well i went out in that s4, and although it was 420bhp, it didnt feel that fast, i know it was fast i was watching the speedo, but it was just so smooth, so its not quite what im looking for at the moment. Its going to be a rx7 im looking for one now!

Going for an RX-7 hey,
dont know much about them apart from there a Rotary engine
and go like S'#t off a blanket,big tuning potential too.
I'd rather the S4 hands down.
Apparently the newer RX-8 like's a drop of oil, dont know what the
RX-7 would be like tho !

Did you get a good price for your S3 ?

the s4 just didnt feel quick enough! Got £10500 in the end, not as much as i wanted but never mind. It didnt have to haldex controller on in the end tho!

RX7, ooooo yes. Got to be done at some point in your life so why not now. Have you thought about any other jap motors? You can pick a decent R33gtr v-spec for peanuts at the moment.

i did go in a r33 gtr not long ago, and that was running 400bhp, again it didnt feel that fast!! i think they are a bit to big to feel really rapid! Ive gone in so many cars that are really fast but dont feel it, and i no id get board of that but with the rx7 they feel so quick! probably because your sitting on the floor! i think ill end up getting a s4 in a few years!

You know why nothing seems that quick that you go in
Edward dont ya ? because your've been spoiled with the
S3.... hahaha !! Lol

How about a little Lotus elise... not very praticle,
but i bet it feels quick !!

I was looking at getting an rx7 a while back, but kept reading about their stupid oil consumption, something like a litre of oil to every 2 or 3 tanks of fuel! and they need a rebuild every 30k thats gonna cost a bit.
lovely cars though.

well its only a weekend car for me so not a major! Gone off the scooby idea! To much money to get it to the power id want one running!

rx7 is a good choice of motor. If they have had a recent rebuild then they can be pretty reliable. Single turbo conversion is what your after id imagine.

They are go awful on fuel as standard, and tuned, id hate to think!

They do drink oil, but its just the cheap stuff. Filter and oil should be changed at 3k miles though, which soon adds up!

They are a million miles away from the safety of an S3 so just be careful when and where you boot it.

My mate had the back step right out on him in a straight line blast doing 60mph in 3rd, scary!

Is a great motor for a weekend toy, so hope you enjoy! Is a bit of struggle to find a single turbo that hasnt been bodykitted up to the max, but they are out there...

i did go in a r33 gtr not long ago, and that was running 400bhp, again it didnt feel that fast!! i think they are a bit to big to feel really rapid! Ive gone in so many cars that are really fast but dont feel it, and i no id get board of that but with the rx7 they feel so quick! probably because your sitting on the floor! i think ill end up getting a s4 in a few years!

Congratulations on selling your car mate. If you want something with the acceleration your talking about, just get a bike mate. Then you will know the true experience of seat of your pants acceleation lol. Just a thought mate.:superman:

Congrats on the sold car.. Some thing that feels quick has to be on the deck and jap.. possibly vtec?? dont know how you feel about this, but just finished turbo charging a integra lump in a CRX that feels ****** quick, running around 250 about 2 inches off the floor.. built on a limited budget so im sure if you'd put the ££'s and hours in, you could have something rediculously quick.. RX7 is RWD and looks the nuts tho.
Just a suggestion still.

i am so jealous ive always wanted crx mk1,just never wanted one as a main car,i want a track toy but dont really have the funds to spare for one.luck ******.lol

its mk 2 but does fly. Im guessing your around the reading area.. you might see it about in the summer. got quite a few mates down reading way. come give you a shout.

glad to hear you've sold it mate,will miss your wild plans and ideas!
I had a mr2 turbo with 300bhp,that felt lairy and scary!

Glad to hear you sold the car, and good luck with the new car....personally a S4 would be the way to go...or even an RS4....

shy19...yeah from Reading mate,when you get the crx out mate let me know would like to see it,

oh and ed well done fella,i could tell you was in need of an unstable speed demon,thats kind of what im after even after havin a spin in the mrs saxo its like a go kart feels a bit unsafe but it makes it more fun in a weird way,hence the reason im after a mk1 crx