Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    Audiless

Status

Steering wheels!!!

Hey all. I currently have a multi function steering wheel and find it pig ugly and too big!!! really want an 8p s3 flat bottom but cant be arsed shelling out 600 +. was also thinkin of an rs4 alcantara wheel. Anybody done this mod???

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Ive also been looking into this mod but i have not seen any 8L with the newer 8P multi functional steering wheel, Is it possible to do this mod and is it a straight swap or is there a lot of rewiring reqired?

Audiless

Status
    I cant imagine the airbag being the same harness!!! ive seen an 8l with an rs4 alcantra wheel and looks ace!!!!

Audiless

Status
    Not seen any 8ls with 8p flat bottoms though. Would make a nice mod with the 8p gear stick aswell!! cant see it bein cheap. lol

3rd Gear

Status
    i've seen a RS4 steering wheel in a s3 and it looks exactly the same bar the alcantara so i presume it would be a straight swap for a facelift one. As for the 8p one i do remember seening one for sale on ebay and the chap said it might fit a 8l i wouldn't be so sure though, a great mod couldn't be that easy! Theres normaly a couple of sline ones on fleabay think about 200 quid

Neutral

Status
    Is the Rs4 the s3 3 spoke wheel with the alcantara trim? What i am really after is a multi function steering wheel but not the original boat wheel fitted to the 8L.
    Dolphin grey 03
    Gmbh handling pack
    Defcon 2
    H&R roll bars
    RNS-E (dvd, Digital tv tunner)
    Custom Code
    Porsche Brake set-up
    Dieselgeek stigma short shift
    *NEW* 8P s3 FBMFSW

3rd Gear

Status
    the old shape rs4 steering wheel looks the same as a 8l S3 one, straight swap i'm led to belive, but the new 8p steering wheel comes either round or flat bottom with or with out multi f, and with s line or s3 badge. As for the new shape rs4 steering wheel i would presume it would be the same again as the 8p but with alcantara. As for the multi f your on about, i know what you mean why anyone would chose that over the s3 one i don't know. Am i right in thinking that the gear stick for a 8p glows red on top....

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    probably...if you have an ambient light kit fitted:o)))
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

5th Gear

Status
    Alcantara wheels will last about 5 mins, look at the Racing Puma for example, every singe one you see for sale has a ****ed steering wheel!
    You should be able to find a standard S3 one easy off ebay, then burn that ugly as **** multifunction piece of poo! lol
    2001 Audi S3 l MTM Remap l 252.7bhp 432.4Nm l Forge 007P l ECS Porsche Stage 2v2 Front Brake Set-up l ECS Stage 1 Rear Brake Set-up l 18" RS4 Alloy Wheels

6th Gear

Status
    TT shop have fitted flat bottom new shape TT wheels and even LAMBO flat bottom wheels to early TT's, so should be made to fit an s3 8l too! You need the later mk2 TT round airbag though so its pricey.

Better option I think would be a golf mk4 r32 wheel, take it to a trimmer to have it modded to fit the s3 airbag shape or use a Vw airbag and have a new centr badge made.
    While canabilising it for retrimming you may be able to make it flat bottom too??

3rd Gear

Status
    Check out this ling they claim to be fitting the flat bottom MFST to A3/S3 8L's soon

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-MULTI-FUN...QQcmdZViewItem