KWP2000+ and editing

markyp2002

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Has anyone ever used the KWP2000+ hardware to edit map files? How easy is it to use and what sort of software is required for editing?

Honestly, im new to remapping but i am very serious about starting up mobile remapping and am looking for a good tool to start out with.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good info sources for editing ECU files and what it is im editing and why?

Thanks in advance

By the way, i dont want to see any stupid remarks, i am very serious about this and everyone has to start somewhere!

Mark

honestly... look at how a company like CC started...they used Revo, got used to the setting up and then progressed onto their own....you need a basis to work from if you haven't already..... I dont know much about the ins and outs of remapping, this would just be the logical route....unless you have a good selection of cars to test your to be 'aquired' skills on

Well, after emailing an extensive amount of suppliers of remap and tools - Revo being one of them, it seems many of them arent keen to provide a mobile tuner with their services (Revo told me they prefer a shop front and location) which is a bit stupid but nonetheless.... obviously everyone who does this sort of thing has started from somewhere, where did the guys from Revo start?

I am very interested and again any information i can gather from you all is much appreciated.

Regards

Mark

Alright cool, ive sent him an email, ill see what he comes back with! Any more information from you guys would be great too.

Mark

you can buy mapping software etc in Germany i think. Try slipstream Deutsch altrhough their reputation is not that hot!! At least it may give you somethign to get started.

If you are serious about it you can buy the KW2000+ on ebay for about £90. Buy one and see what it does / doesn't do, read the instructions etc.

You may learn more by spending some money and having a play than asking us on here.

Remember the saying "You have to spend money to make money"

Mark what experience do you have with cars?

Experience with cars.... 14 months researching into remapping/ecu tuning mainly VAG cars (based on my old and new A3 1.8T) extensive research mainly on chiptuners.org; fault finding and repairs on my Audi too (everything from split boost and breather hoses to cracked manifolds and MAF problems)

And also a lot of fault finding analysis based on the information asked for/given on this site too.

Not only this but i have repaired and had many problems on my past cars too, in which i have repaired myself fully (Mk3 golf gti wiring problems, ford focus st170 overheating problems etc etc)

I have an extensive list of fault finding software and i have a small accumulation of cables at the moment too. Just about to order the KWP2000+ and see how it works and what exactly it does, being an electrical/mechanical engineer i may be able to replicate what it does and perhaps advance somewhat!

Ill find out when i get it.

Why do you ask?