Brembo discs with ferodo ds2500 pads

S3 Rav

Reaction score
does anyone use this combination as i am currently looking to change my discs and pads. does anyone know of anywhere that does grooved rear s3 brembo discs as i cant find anywhere. :uhm:

I belive they were an option for the Big Brake Upgrade, whether you can get the seperately I don't know. Maybe worth giving Bill at badger5.co.uk a call to see what they can do as they sell the Brembo sets. On a side Dave Bayern got a set of ATE Powerdiscs from EuroCar Parts at a good price so maybe worth investing in a set of them instead?

thanks jesters. i dont know much about ATE to be honest. im not looking for huge braking as i dont really do track days. just a replacement that will do the job but good quality at the same time

ATE are a good name your S3 probably has ATE calipers; Dave Bayern got a set for £104.00 so a good price, Black Diamond Grooved are @ £170, Brembo are the same sort of price. In all good quality and good names. The DS2500 will set you back @ £80 so you are looking at the £200/250 mark for what you want.

If you want huge braking then the 4 pots are what you are after, me I went for standard Mintex Pads and Discs at £75 all in. When I can afford the big brake I'll be opting for K-Sport 8 pots.

I need a new set of pads - think I'm going to get a set from Seat as they seem to do the trick.

The stock brembo front discs for the big brake conversion (brembo) are drilled discs. If you want a matching DRILLED disc, there are plenty of options, but IMO drilled discs are a mistake as they WILL crack and fillup with brake dust!

If you have grooved discs currently on the front and want a matching groved rear disc (as you ask in your OP) then I would say try the EBC ultramax. I currently have the fronts in Big brembo size with the ferrodo ds2500 race pads and they are nothing short of excellent as much as an improvment on the stock brembo stuff as the stock brembo stuff was on well stock! ! (If you see what i mean!)
No warping issues yet and done 3k miles on them, the brembo stock drilled discs had been skimmed by this point!

cheers for that. my fronts are standard at the mo but will be looking to upgrade them when they ned doing. Ive heard the issues with drilled discs thats why thought grooved would be a better option. Iv heard not soo good things about the EBC stuff which has sort of put me off them

The stock brembo front discs for the big brake conversion (brembo) are drilled discs. If you want a matching DRILLED disc, there are plenty of options, but IMO drilled discs are a mistake as they WILL crack and fillup with brake dust!

If you have grooved discs currently on the front and want a matching groved rear disc (as you ask in your OP) then I would say try the EBC ultramax. I currently have the fronts in Big brembo size with the ferrodo ds2500 race pads and they are nothing short of excellent as much as an improvment on the stock brembo stuff as the stock brembo stuff was on well stock! ! (If you see what i mean!)
No warping issues yet and done 3k miles on them, the brembo stock drilled discs had been skimmed by this point!

What about those 'dimples' do you think they are any better or just a gimmick?

What a bummer - they are for the OEM brake system and they don't seem to offer the pads for the Leon Cupra R

Thats because they are cack.

They are just the DS, which is NOT the same as DS2500 or DS3000.

If you have Brembo calipers, the DS2500s and DS3000s are cheaper than for the 312mm calipers but they are still more than the DS pads.

cheers for that. my fronts are standard at the mo but will be looking to upgrade them when they ned doing. Ive heard the issues with drilled discs thats why thought grooved would be a better option. Iv heard not soo good things about the EBC stuff which has sort of put me off them

IU was sceptical about them tbh, never having been a fan (still not) of the ebc "brown stuff "pads etc!!

But there was some threads on Seat Cupra.net about them and EBC offered some FOC to try to some of the cupra boys. All feedback was good, so I tried some too.

Place that fitted mine (first set) is now selling them over the Brembo stuff, they are near half the price of brembo and stock, too! I thought the DS pads would kill them, and whilst i am sure they will wear quicker than with stock pads, the problem I was havgin was the things warping well before they get worn out! If they last 2/3 as long as stock ones, have twice the braking and cost half as much, I will be a very happy man! !

Worth a punt IMO. And they look quite swish too!
bTW, for what it is worth, I removed the paint coating they come with as stock before fitting them, rather than contaminate the race pads. it was a bit of a sod to sand off though so be prepared or just fit them and hope they dont catch fire frist time out!!! LOL

What about those 'dimples' do you think they are any better or just a gimmick?

The dimples wont brack like drilled and will tend to have some deglazing effect I would think so maybe worth a go. The ultramax discs from EBC have two radiating groves, each one only goes half way accross the disc surface. They seem to work very well, you dont get the vibrated drone I used to get with full 12 grove discs (tarox etc) and i have not run out of brakes yet with them depsite attempts. Eminently acceptable as a road braking system I would say and seem good on track too (mind you the Brembos were good enough for track too, unitl the fluid boiled after 7 laps!! - Castrol race fluid sorts that!! )

If I needed new discs and pads for the Brembo brakes tomorrow I would not hesitate to go for the EBC ultramax and Ferrodo DS2500's. For about £300 all in (delivered) they are a true bargain!

Try Badger 5 LTd for brembo size DS2500 race pads. He usually has them in stock.
He will also do price match on Ultramax discs, but I recently found my local motorfactors did them as cheap and I could save postage!

I buy most of my stuff from Badger5, always nice to support small businesses that have an interest in the scene.

It took a week to get me some DS3000s but I couldnt be happier.

If anyone has experienced the difference from OEM to DS2500, then the difference from 2500 to 3000 is the same again.

I wont ever go back to DS2500s now, not after fitting the 3000s and there being only a minimal price difference (£30 ish).

As for Discs, they are way less important than pads, so you could buy EBC and they'd be decent, all discs do is provide a medium to be worn away by friction.

That said, cheaper discs do wear and warp easier, so the more you spend on discs, the less likely you are to have to replace them.

You have to find that middle ground on discs.

I think I found the middle ground on my discs......it looks like the sump! ! !

(getting coat!!!)

what are the 3000 like cold though....? I noticed my 2500's were a bit scary after 100 mmiles of no use on the wet autobahn the other week, but then this is a trait of the S3 anyway. Ok after half a second, and better than the "no brakes for 3 seconds in the extreme wet" that the stock s3 brakes have.

From cold fine. OEM pretty much.

When warm, they can stop me from 80mph quicker than the mph needle can catch up.

Dave do you have brembos or just the standard brakes with uprated discs / pads?

I may have to meet up with you and see what they are like as your nearby

ATE Powerdiscs.

Yeah I'm in Reading so no problem you can come have a look. PM me.

so would the ferodo ds2500 pads be fine to use on OEM discs or would brembo be more appropriate?

thread ressurection i know but just wondering if people know the best place to buy the ds2500 pads

Dave, sorry to be a pain but can you help me pleeease.....

I just bought a set of 312mm OEM Audi TT 225 brakes (disc's, calipers and pads), getting them fitted next week along with B8's and a stage 2... anyhows, will the DS2500's fit on them?... may as well get better pads on at the same time I suppose.

Also, you mention the 3000's are far better, do they make lot of noise when using them or ok for every day use and wont drive me up the wall with squeaking.

Cheers!

i had a set of ate's on my old s3/r32, and they were the best brakes i have had on my car's to date, i couldnt cook them or anything, and i do drive my cars hard,

DS3000s squeal all the time with normal use.

Get some DS2500s instead for road use.

You just need the fronts, you can use standard rears.

I have some DS2500's, front braided hoses and Motul 600 fluid waiting at Badger Bill's for me... Only thing you need to remember is to sort out the pad wear indicator as the DS2500's don't have one :)

Cheers Dave!

DS2500's it is then :respekt: