Forge Split-R Recirc Valve... need a bit of help!

markyp2002

Reaction score
Hi guys, long time no see.

After getting rid of the A3 nearly 18 months ago, and having numerous contraptions for cars since then, ive been and bought another A3 :)

I have been given a brand new Forge Split-R recirc valve by a sponsor of the company i work for to try, but the fitment of it is tad puzzling.

The instructions say it fits slightly different to the standard valve that is there already.

Does anyone have a picture of the standard valve showing flow and return of the air going in and coming out? Just so i know which way is which.

Sorry for sounding a bit dumb, but id rather get it right than cause some damage.

Mark
:blackrs4:

Fit it to the letter
There has been many people who have called us with issues , then you say "did you fit it to the letter as per the instuctions?" no , they dont
Please read the instructions to the letter , engine must be cold when fitting it too
Sarah

Yeah i understand all that and thanks for your help with the pdf.

But the question im asking is, on the original diverter valve, where is the pressure in/out on that?

Because the destructions state that the Forge DV sits in a different orientation to the original, and im not sure which way is which on the original?

Im assuming with its seated in position, the bottom hose is Pressure In, Hose on the side is pressure out and the one on the top (smaller one) is recirc? (<< on the original)

Also, the fine adjustment with the adjustment knob on the top, what indicates whether that is set right or not? is personal taste or is there something i need to be looking for?

Yeah i understand all that and thanks for your help with the pdf.

But the question im asking is, on the original diverter valve, where is the pressure in/out on that?

Because the destructions state that the Forge DV sits in a different orientation to the original, and im not sure which way is which on the original?

Im assuming with its seated in position, the bottom hose is Pressure In, Hose on the side is pressure out and the one on the top (smaller one) is recirc? (<< on the original)

Also, the fine adjustment with the adjustment knob on the top, what indicates whether that is set right or not? is personal taste or is there something i need to be looking for?

If you hold the DV as shown in the first photo, the outlet on the bottom goes to the hose that leads back to the TIP. The 'Pressure In' goes to the hose that's connected to the charge pipe at the top of the engine. The last one attaches to the small rubber hose that leads back under the engine bay.