600bhp s3....

scott_johnson

Reaction score
Im amazed to see an add from jbsautodesigns for a 600bhp kit for the s3. Understandably youd need all internal upgrades brakes suspention gearbox etc....

What i wanna no is how useable is the kit and how do the figures look on paper etc.... and could you compare it to a 600bhp supercar??? ie slrs and carrera gts of the likes!!

Would i be right in thinking that it would be a compareably cheap upgrade to achieve 600bhp than buy an slr??? even if it costs, lets say, 30grand youd still end up with a supercar slayer???

Thoughts and comments please!

It would be nothing more that a strip car. That sort of power from a 1.8 - 2.1 litre engine would be awful to drive normally.

You really can't compare it to a proper car. It takes much more than the power figure to make a car fast. The S3 doesn't have the gearbox, chassis, or aerodynamics to make it decent at higher speeds.

600bhp in an S3 is not a good idea. The chassis won't be able to cope and the small displacement engine will struggle with that sort of power, short of changing every internal part and re-boring it to make the CC larger.

The chassis will cope as well as any 1400kg car with 600hp, not too well but not too bad......
but I can only imaging the nightmare of that on the road......I cannot believe there wold be much power or tractability below 4500 revs at all, maybe higher! It would munch just about every component that you could think of! Agree awesome as a track weapon and interesting as a drag machine, but as a road car, form 1.8 or 2 litres, you dont really want to go more than 400hp imo.
when pressing on but not ragging mine, i rarely have to go over 4500 revs!

it was actually in performance vdub mag. (yes i did used to have a mk4 golf) lol. The ads at the top of the page and says they have that kit on a skoda of theres... its 600bhp and 600ft/lbs (or nm i cant remember :( ) i checked the site and is not on which is pretty funny coz they prob dont want people to laugh at the price. lol.

why why why why........why would you do that and waste all that money......

depends how much you love the shape of the 8L s3 to be fair.. only heard of one other s3 with those sort of figures and it has an RS4 lump in it, the one the grathies posted up a while ago.. pretty sure you'd be the only one with that kinda power in the country.. but it is alot of money, in my opinion, also a waste, definatly would keep it under 400. Interesting tho.

Not thinkin of it myself, was just curious to no what it was like. lol. So how does a 400bhp s3 compare to an rs4 with 380 bhp????

hmmm,any 2.0l engine running a 600bhp turbo will need to be able to rev to 8000rpm to produce enough of a powerband to be useable.They are a few twin turbo r32's running around with 550bhp which have the same chassis so don't think it won't be too bad but obviously not the ideal chassis set-up!

Was given a warning around here the other day, not to mess with a blue Nova.... apparently running over 600BHP at the wheels...... and over 700bhp at the flywheel.... didnt think it was possible..... saw an accompanied santa pod 1/4 mile phone vid of it doing 12 secs.... problem was putting the power down

cant imagine why you'd want to spend all that money on a Nova!!!

I love this car. 1.8T with a side mounted turbo and a G60 Supercharger for the low end torque.

IMG_2692.jpg

motor1groot.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=bbU0tNohz54&feature=user

HTC.. What a beast, looks really good too! Ideal set up.. but is it FWD?

that power from the s3 i find hard to believe, it'll take mre than just an upgarde.

That golf is either getting haldex or its been done already. One from Jeroen Dik's stable I believe (The VW guys might remember him).

Power record for 1.8T is upwards of 700bhp in a MK1 Scirocco state side.

Bill Brockbanks ibiza is over 600bhp and he races that most weekends.