Euro Style Plates

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone has these and if so how often have you been pulled? Don't want to bother if I'm gonna be pulled over constantly. Seen a decent set on Ebay for £30 both front and back pressed aluminium with black surround. cheers

Depends where u live and what the police are like it your area. In my area they never bother. But 10miles away they would pull you straight away.

I used to sport them on my A4, but there was a purge on dodgy plates around here so i took them off and stuck the properones on as i didnt want the hassle of the fine etc.

In the 2 years previous, i never got pulled with them on,so normally the bab isnt to bothered

I ran these for a while with no problems from the police. Even passed its MOT with them on. I liked them at the time, but they're a little over done now IMO.

DSCN1427.jpg

They do look good, but its just whether you want to run the risk of all the hassle eg police and them having nothing better to do.....

I personally dont have time to bepulled for silly things, so I havent got them, but, each to their own and if you think you want them, then go for it....

Well I've ordered the plates. May buy some surrounds so switching them is easy. I know that they would usually fail a proper MOT so would make sense to buy the surrounds. Cheers for the advice though boys. Have to get some pics of the car up soon. :salute:

Mine passed MOT just fine with german text pressed plates, so did all of sitrials 3 cars that ran the same plates, that's with using 2 or 3 different test stations too. MOT checks are more of a safety thing, differs from checking everything that's actually road legal. Guess it depends on the filth in your area, personally never had a problem where I live, guess they've figured out that they're actually better off using there time up with things that actually matter!

I ran them on my golf for 2 years and didnt get pulled but I was always expecting to be pulled so I havent bothered doing it to my S3.

I'm after some number plates surrounds, I remember seeing some with 'vorsprung durch technik' on them but can't remember where! Anyone know where I can buy them?

I haven't seen any surrounds with that on them but I found another thread where someone bought their Audi surrounds from a dealer for £2 each. May get down to my dealer once the plates arrive n see what's cookin. Other wise there's always ebay!

It is getting a bit old with everybody running these plates, but only with people running the yellow rears. That's a cop out! White all the way around! Everybody is scared of that! I got done in my mk1 cab 4 years ago. £30 fine. boo hoo. and that was on the motorway by a brummy **** cop!

He said the reason that the rears where yellow, was so that we all could tell the front of the car from the rear! :wtf:

TRUE!