car may be going for somthing more intresting

Starry

S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:
Reaction score
i have sorted a deal over the net for a px with my car for a cerebra, i have seen many pictures and the car has fsh and seems like a nice example. im am travling to see it on sunday and will know more then.
the tvr is a 4.2 with 360bhp with 0 to 60 in 4.2 and a top end of around 175mph :faint:
it also has 4 seats so its a proper family car. well, if your kids are really small it is.

i have sorted a deal over the net for a px with my car for a cerebra, i have seen many pictures and the car has fsh and seems like a nice example. im am travling to see it on sunday and will know more then.
the tvr is a 4.2 with 360bhp with 0 to 60 in 4.2 and a top end of around 175mph :faint:
it also has 4 seats so its a proper family car. well, if your kids are really small it is.

Wow very nice. I have been in one there very very fast rear wheel drive monsters, just one thing they are not the most reliable cars my friend has had a lot of problems with his, the garage where he takes it said some of them have reliability problems, unless you find a real good one. Post some pics when you can, look forward to seeing it.

reliability is a broblem with all tvr's but as i only do 3 or 4k a year and have machanic mates i thought i'd take a chance. time will tell......

WOW...that sounds good.....have you got any of the pics that you have seen...cmon share the fun :)

reliability is a broblem with all tvr's but as i only do 3 or 4k a year and have machanic mates i thought i'd take a chance. time will tell......

Brilliant cant loose buddy go for it.

Speed six or V8? Lovely car, amazing noise. Good luck getting spare parts. I looked at the possibility of one but apparently is near on impossible to get engine parts.

All this talk of people swapping cars is making me jealous, the Cerbera is another car on my wish list, but with rising fuel cost I just cant justify it. It is a good way of sticking two fingers up at the government, get a pre 2001 model and you get the cheaper road tax despite having a dirty great V8 kicking out loads of carbon dioxide emisions.

Love the interiors on those things. How you they fair these days? I've worked on a few TVRs and the trim would fall apart often on the older models.

evo did a write up on one of the TVR`s and made it sound a good investment but then a owner wrote in stating they are a mare to keep running and a proper enthusiasts car.

Very nice cars, and i love the interiors, hope it works out alright.. but keep a fire extinguisher with you!

its the 4.2 v8 apj engine, as for the interiors they seem to wear well for a tvr. i have looked at the griffith 5.0 and they dont seem to wear so well.
ill know more on sunday when i see it, i think its a case of going with your head and not your hart when veiwing.

evo did a write up on one of the TVR`s and made it sound a good investment but then a owner wrote in stating they are a mare to keep running and a proper enthusiasts car.

LOL...I read that article as well and came away thinking the opposite. Interiors that fall apart and smell of glue fumes, engines that are unreliable on early cars but better on later ones (note Better!) Serviciing costs that were astranomical...

But yer I agree the following month the chap the wrote in did say it was a mare!

J.

A cerbera a "proper family car...!>!>">""

Is that how you are selling it on the missus!! LOL

Where can I get a ticket to your planet fella, it sounds like a really cool place!!! hahahaa

They are a total riot, but an absolute money pit too. Forget any idea of using it as a daily, even as a weekend car, you spend more time faffing about wiht them than driving them!
But they are huge fun and very British too, so good luck to ya! Get a cheap polo with a good towing eye also!! !

ive always loved the griffith and cerbera so i need to get one and see how it goes i think. as for selling it to the missus with the family car line your spot on lol!! i think she's cool with it because i was starting to look at the bike add's again so its the lesser of two evils in her eyes..
i did neglect to mention how fast they go:rockwoot:

Looking at bike ads to make her let you have a tvr!!! Class!

gotta agree..... Starry that is legendary.... presume you look at both and let her make the unprovoked suggestion to buy the lesser of the two evils

hope it works out alright.. but keep a fire extinguisher with you!
Good luck but take heed of shy as a Griffin came off the road I use and the driver couldn't get his daughter out of the burning mess...not the safest car

not the safest i supose but i have a zafira for the kids and family stuff the cerb will be for me, if i go up in smoke then that would be very bad:bye: but thats the chance you take. look at jason plato testing that maga money track car thing, he got his neck fried. ill take my chance.

disaster on the cerbera:(. got a call from the guy on friday night after we had aranged to meet on the sunday and someone has hit it in tesco and broken the fiber glass and scraped an alloy. he sent me a pic on his phone of the damage. deal may still be on once repaired, ill have to wait and see.