Anyone got an original 1.8TQ exhaust they don't want?

hooley

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for an original (OE) exhaust for a 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport.
The one I have on is an S3 exhaust and it doesn't have the clearance, and connects with something under the car. (bump, thunk, bump, thunk over small potholes)

So, if anyone has taken their original one off to replace it with something fruity, I can take the original off their hands to tidy up their garage.....:yes:

Cheers
Jason

The S3 one should fit but you may have had to lose the BIG centre hanger as is the case with S3's and Milteks.

It should still hang ok, so if it is wobbling about your hangers may be knacked. Try the powerflex uprated hangers, but change one at a time until it seems stiff enough,. I have heard changing them all over can make the car harsh.

Mine is the S3 from centre back, which hanger do I need to attack with the angle grinder??

Cheers
J

Hanger on the car or on the exhaust?
Is there any other way of 'restraining' the exhaust?

You can get uprated hanger "rubbers". Try powerflex.
There is no reason the s3 exhaust should not fit as far as I know. If it moves, maybe the rubbers are shot or one is missing.

Jeeze Louise, if you had posted a few months back you could have had mine. I got a Miltek fitted, the guy at the shop said do you want the old one as there is nothing wrong with it and I just said no as I did not have space.

It was at Drivers in Glasgow... maybe still got it (depends where you are and if they do have it I suppose)? There was nothing wrong with it, I just wanted the Miltek on. Had to cut part of my valance and had to do some jiggery pokery with the exhaust so it would fit on to the hangers. Job was done well tho and no issues so far.

The clunk thump bump thing maybe just the exhaust come out of the hanger on the underside of the car? Worth taking a wee look, 2 second job and it may save you some cash just as smich said.