Worn Buttons

Beenie

Reaction score
There's a few buttons on the inside of my S3 that have worn quite badly. I've seen this on quite a few, so it got me wondering there must be a market for replacement buttons, does anyone know of any one that does them?
I know obviously audi would be the first place to try but I can see me paying through the nose for that sort of thing.

TBH mate one of my climate ones was fecked...ended up buying some matt black and painting.... looks good, dont think its that noticeable...however...someone else made a suggestion at the time to use a CD marker pen...may be worth a go before you start refitting

would it be possible to purchase any sat nav buttons from that site?

Faz, have you been on the site??

yes i have but i cant seem to find any parts for the sat nav or any buttons as a matter of fact.the foward button on my sat nav is worn... i rang audi and they are suggesting i need a whole new sat nav system!!!!1 BUTTON!!! lol

yes i have but i cant seem to find any parts for the sat nav or any buttons as a matter of fact.the foward button on my sat nav is worn... i rang audi and they are suggesting i need a whole new sat nav system!!!!1 BUTTON!!! lol

Call them Faz - they hold a lot more parts than advertised on their site. However I'm guessing it's not a popular part and probably made by another manufacturer - might be worth while finding out whom? Don't quote me though - I may be totally wrong!

Rob

oh and that's a complete joke for the button from Audi's point of view.

where can you get the mat black paint then ?

From Halfords dooood,i practised quite a bit first....as if you put it on too thick, it dried glossy... and rough..... its not perfect....but its saved me buying a new climate controller... and is bearly noticeable....

Hi,

Cd Marker pen works in the daytime, but just been out in mine for first time in the dark, since I used a CD pen on my climate control at the weekend. I can say, it does not look great at night. the '-' buttons are surrounded by a slightly dimmer red splodge now, rather than just one large splodge...

I'll try to get a small tin of matt black paint tomorrow and will report back.

Cheers,

Only word I could think of to describe. Thanks for the sympathy buddy!!:moa:

Still not the most expensive problem I've got as I went for a spin with Dave_B yesterday, and it's going to cost me money as I now need a remap... Doh!!

Cheers,

NEED being the operative word mate.....they are excellent...... cant believe i didnt listen to the losers on this forum sooner:jester: