Vagparts Foglight Upgrade & Splitter Fitted

IMG_7652.jpg
IMG_7653.jpg
IMG_7654.jpg

looks nice mate, have you thought about getting it colour codded

Didn't think a A3's bumper could pull it off but its done it here! Perfect mate, how hard was the foglight fitting? Was the switch a ****** to fit?

Noooo dont colour code it, it goes with the black lower half!

i have a silver S3 planning on fitting the front spoiler and was just wondering weather to colour code it? sorry to hi-jack your thread

looks good that Clach...any side views to see the meet job:photo:

Andy, i wouldnt bother mate..... its wey to flexible and very easy to catch on curbs...bumps....inconsistent roads..... you'll be respraying once a fortnight if your not super careful

Tell us more about the foglights!

Cheers Rick, much appreciated...

Fitted the bumper no probs (30min job)and got the wires hooked up by a mate. They connect straight onto the fog lights already integrated into the headlight, so no need for a new switch. They come on with the existing foglights; in effect I now have four foglights...

http://www.vagparts.com/pages/A3lights.htm

Animal there are more pics if you scroll right a little...

Vagparts

Sorry, the Foglights cost £205 (delivered), the splitter about (as most know)£20.

looks really good mate. Possibly look at a photo shopped version of your car color coded, keep the splitter as it is, but i like it.

Not sure how to do that, but will hunt around for the hardware online...Ta

Nice work, looks good.

I recognise that car park, the A4130 is a cracking road!

I notice a few S3's fly past, I have seen an S3 LUC last week and another s3 blue i think flying past every so often. Is that you?

Maybe if it's Ming. That road is one my favorite's, often head down to the M4 that way.

Yeah...no speedcamera's except that one opposite the car park. I tend to work on the car their as opposed to at my house, as the neighbours curtain's start to twitch if I work on the car in the driveway.. An S3 spolier is next!

What i should have done was snapped some pics in progress, but for those who are asking here is some help for fitting the splitter: Most has been covered by Animal already

Lay the splitter on a table, align the two centre probes, with the rest of the splitter and hacksaw off (about one inch), then, just screw about 14 to 16 holes in the splitter with 13 mmm self taper screws (once you get the splitter you will see where to screw them in)

Raise the car slightly (i put four bricks down)

Then, all you need to do is align the splitter up at the front and then masking tape it in place. Screw the first two holes in place and work your way around the front of the bumper (about one inch in) screwing the 13mm screws in place. Then you will see that you need to cut about 3 inches off each end and taper the ends down like a wedge and then screw it in securely.

Job done, If you live anywhere near Reading I can help you. But honestly easy as..

fitted mine at the weekend wish this thread was up a while ago would have been happier forking out for the splitter knowing it would look ok

couple of pics as clach said easy fit

P4280297.jpg

P4280296.jpg

P4280295.jpg

Rob

Carpy, it looks good mate, really does finish the front end of the car off...

SO whats the deal with built in Fogs in the headlights then?
How does that work?
How much was the kit mate, looks the part with the Front Fogs, Soo Tempting!
Splitter looks good too!

Can't wait ti get my facelift headlights in and get rid of these angel eyes, and think about fogs like you have done!
Cheers

fitted mine at the weekend wish this thread was up a while ago would have been happier forking out for the splitter knowing it would look ok

couple of pics as clach said easy fit

P4280295.jpg

Rob

Bit off topic - Your camber looks well out on that wheel! or is that just the angle? lol

SO whats the deal with built in Fogs in the headlights then?
How does that work?
How much was the kit mate, looks the part with the Front Fogs, Soo Tempting!
Splitter looks good too!

Can't wait ti get my facelift headlights in and get rid of these angel eyes, and think about fogs like you have done!
Cheers

no problem fitting them, especially if you have the fogs integrated in the headlights as I do...

Don't even know what the integrated fogs are! lol
Mine's a pre facelift with facelift headlights to be fitted, so prob not tbh..

Cheers

The integrated fog lights are connected to the headlights, and operate on the same bulb as the high beam. If you have them, they are operated by pulling out the headlight switch once, and twice for the rear fog lights. (a green light should show, then an orange one. I essentially have 4 fog lights now...

Well i have the switch, But i'm not too sure how they would work, are they just a case of pull the switch and they work then? Or is there a seperate wire? as i've made a custom loom to fit the lights, there's only 4 wires in the new lights though..

I guess i'll find out soon enough!
Cheers

I connected them to my current fog's by splitting, and the taping the wire....

Yeah but i can't see how the existing ones work lol..
Through main Beam?
Surely that'd just **** things up in the fog? lol..

Not sure if they work on mine, and there's no Wire, so do you wire the fogs up to the main beam effectively?

I don't get it! lol

check to see if you have fogs...(i assume you don't), but don't connect to the high beam as it will only work on high beam (obvious enough). Just get a seperate fog light switch and wire the fogs into that?

I have a seperate wire and fuse etc