Washer and bulb warning lights

sos_85

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Got a 2000 S3. I've been having a problem with the yellow "Washer fluid low" warning light. I fill up the tank to the top and the light still comes on intermittently, then constantly, and i'm not using that much at all. Have tried disconnecting the sensor at the front of the reservoir, light still on, so reconnected. Any ideas what i can do?

Number 2, i sometimes get the "bulb failure" light come on. I've checked the bulbs and they are all fine. I was behind a car when it last happened and checked all the front lights at once, using the reflection in the back of the car in front, all fine! And it came on once in a car park and my mate jumped out and checked the back, nothing wrong! Is it a faulty sensor or dodgy connection?

Sorry for the rant. Any help much appreciated.

Rich

hey
I also have an S3 53 plate same problem along with a very long list of other things and cant find a fault, been to several garages nothing!
To be honest loved this car when first brought 18 months ago but slowly it has lost it! its not as powerfull anymore, warning lights more frequent, major parts need changing. its not driven over the top and should still be mint but little things such as this keep happening. Audi cant help. But this site has provided many answers for me so thankyou to all out there for advice and help!
hopefully someone will know this 1 too will be interested to find out!
chloe

Washer warning will be the sensor, their prone to water damage naturally

The light one is a bit of a strange one, Ive had it a few times, assume is a slight earth problem. We had one at VW that came in once and the Passenger Airbag OFF light in the roof came on randomly even tho the airbag was on, was usually when the car had been stood in the rain. not sure on the outcome of that in the end tho, was a while ago

sounds silly, but with so much hard water used down in these parts I am tempted to see if descaler might help....changing the sensor may be the best solution.