Need to get my remmap sorted out and need some suggestions of who to go see??

Craigybaby37_A3quattro

Reaction score
As the story goes i had my car mapped by jabba sport last august and to cut a long story short ive not been 100% happy with it from day 1.

There are a range of problems firstly when accelerating at half throttle the car still boosts up fully then shuts of and on causing a nasty jerky drive. Secondly when comming off the power it has a tendency of coughing and jerking.

And thirdly and worst of the problems the throttle has never felt the same from day 1. Its got no responce what so ever when pulling away and it very hesiant to rev the engine when pulling away and doing hill starts etc.

A friend of mine has exactly the same car and i drove it today and you would think its a totally different car the difference it that big. His throttle is easy going and does exaclty what ur foot tells it to do every time whereas mine is just **** to put it nicely.

Anyways enough about that the reaso for the post is that ime after some suggestions of who i can go and see to get the problem sorted out and i dont want to take it back to jabba as i wouldnt trust them with my car again and the company i had in mind have now shut down so ime out of options. Idealy ide be after someone around the suffolk and norfolk area but would be prepared to travel if needed upto about 2 hours if needed so feel free to suggest anyone u think would be upto the job.

Just a little bit about the car incase u need to know its a 2000 x a3 1.8T engine code AUM with a k03s turbo, N75 j valve and sprintbooster fitted to the throttle.

First of all have you had it on vagcom to see if there are any errors? It could be a number of things so i'd get it checked first. THe problems are unlikely to be the remap itself, probably just that the remap is showing up existing weaknesses/problems with the car.

Was it a custom or generic map? I'm sure i read somewhere that running a sprint booster with a remap was not the best idea, but i dont have one so can't comment any further than that - someone will be able to clarify.

Also - you could try unplugging the MAF to see if that makes a difference. If it runs smooth I (albeit with a bit less power) then this could point to a faulty/dirty MAF sensor). Worth a try.

Have you spoke to Jabba about the issues you have mate? They have always been extremely helpful over the years ive dealt with them, one of my mates used to have an K03s A3 and it had a Jabba map on it, it drove great never having any of the issues you have listed above. Was the map done before or after fitting the N75j and sprintbooster? I know Jabba maps are quite aggresive so if the N75j valve was fitted after the map this could defo cause issues. They also adjust the throttle, so fitting a sprintbooster to a car that has had this done may be causing the throttle response issues, just a couple of ideas. I would speak to Jabba as I believe they would be keen to sort any issues you have.

thanks for the replys people there much appreciated. I have not yet got the car on vagcom to see if there are any problems but i will definatly do my best to get it done and see what it comes up with?? i just need to find someone with it around the suffolk area if anyone can help me??

The airmaf sensor was replacesd with the remmap and then changed again a few weeks after as it was faulty and causing problems.

As for running the sprint booster along with the map i have read that it shouldnt be done but it does help out with the throttle being as it is.

The n75J was fitted after the remmap was done as was the sprintbooster.

i will call jabba tomorow and see where i stand but ime just afraid that as the problem has been around since the map was done they will just say why didnt u get anything done sooner and not offer me any help without parting with my money?? where do you think i would stand with the stuation??

I'd start taking things out of the equation to track the problem down. It sounds like your sprint-booster is the issue. Have you tried running the car without the spring-booster? and then try it without the n75J.

I had my car remapped by Jabba, and even though I didn't get the expected gains at the time they pointed me in the right direction and now power is up to where it should be and drives great.

I think you should have gone straight back to them with any issues mate, but they have always gone out of there way in my experience and will even offer great advice over the phone obviously at no cost. If the issues have nothing to do with the map then i dont see any issue with having to pay for any repairs, bare in mind if you took it somewhere else you would have to pay, if this was another map it could be £500 and no garantee it would have the desired outcome. Give Jabba a call mate and see what they say, a phone call doesnt cost much mate. I expect them to tell you to remove the n75j and probably the sprintbooster. Beyond that they will need to do some logs on the car to see whats going on if the issues are still there.

just to repeat what has been said above, removing the sprint booster and seeing if you still have a problem makes sense, but, from my experience, using the sprint booster with my Revo map, has only complimented it.

Might be that the sprintbooster just doesnt work with the Jabba map, guess it depends on how much the Revo map alters the throttle compared to the Jabba map.

Interesting thread,

Craig can you tell me what you car is boosting at?

I had alot of things done by Jabba 3 weeks ago Power came out on their rollers at 240bhp/250ftlb's Thats AGU K03s.

I find my Jabba map to be incredibally smooth the Custom-code map is ALOT more agressive.

I would take your car back to jabba if i were you, my car isnt boosting right now and jabba have took it back with no hesitation plus they gave me a courtesy car too, cant say much fairer than that.

Let me know what its boosting at though, might be the same problem as mine.

Also id take the N75J off and see if that makes a difference, might stop the jerkyness etc. I asked Mike @ jabba if i should try a N75J and he strongly advised me not to.

HTH

J

In reply to A3_turbo i have no diea what so ever what my car is boosting at i was never told and neither does it say on the print out of the power figures.

And i cant remember why i fitted the N75j now but there was a reason for it.....think i was reading through a thread about all the different valves and people were saying they had good results with the J so i gave it a go. But the problems with the jerkyness coming off the power were still there before the N75J was fitted.

As for the sprint booster its help the situation slightly as before it was fitted the throttle was even worse which cant seem possible but believe me it was.

Ive ordered a diagnostic lead so i can get the car hooked up to vagcom and see what it comes up with. Ime hoping that it brings up a failure with a throttle sensor or something like that......if that doesn,t work ill phone jabba and see what they have to offer.

simon coe 'ccc tech' (google it) uses upsolute remaps and is very reasonable on price. i have been over the moon with my 1.8t map... ;)

but hopefully you can get it sorted by jabba nad not have to fork out again.

Even if you go and pay to have another remap on there , you will still probably have problems
So I would rule out another remap until you have the car sorted
The problem is when you have the car remapped , you need the engine to be 10% spot on
If it is only running 95% spot on , a remap is like putting a magnifiying glass over it and make it more pronnounce
You need someone who knows what they are doing to do a full diagnostic and also do a MAF test
I must admit Jabba have been going for many many years and should really be called and let them have the oportunity of helping you , as it does not take alot like this thread to get a company a bad reputation , when in fact it is not their issue , but the cars
Sorry , but maybe worth a call
Sarah

Well i got my vag-com lead through and after some messing around for half hour of so i managed to get it working and link to the car. so i do an auto scan and i get the folloing 2 fault codes.

17987 - Throttle Actuator (J338): Adaptation Not Started
P1579 - 35-00 - -
Readiness: 0110 1101

17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)
P1297 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: 0000 0000

ive done some searches on the internet and for the first code someone on another forum said to do a throttle body allignment and gave instructions on how to do it. It gave a variety of reasons to perform it like if the battery was disconnected, the throttle body has been removed for cleaning etc etc

And for the 2nd fault obviously to check the DV but it also said about splits in hoses so is there any in particular i should be checking??? and is there any way i can tell if the DV is at fault???

I cleared the codes and went for a spin down the road and then gave the car another scan when i got home and none of the faults come up again?? can it take some time for the faults to be registered again??

any quick responces will be much appreciated.

They might just be old faults that wern't cleared when they were repaired previously. Although I would run it for a week and see if they return.

Have you taken the N75 and sprintbooster off yet mate?

no not yet i havn't got round to it. ill take them off tomorow before i do the throttle body alignment then run the car around a little.

One weird thing i did knowtise was when u scan the engine alone and click on basic settings then goto channel 060 which is the throttle body settings and figures it comes up with the TB positions and the box on the far right labled ADP RUN has error in it?? anyone know what that is???

ive taken the N75J valve off now and cant say ive knowtised any difference from it.

I found out how to do a throttle body alignment so i done that without the sprintbooster and then with the sprintbooster and after driving the car after each calibration it was clear that the throttle was much better with the sprintbooster fitted but still not like how it used to be.

ime going to leave things as they are for the time being and then do another scan next weekend and see if any fault have been logged and take it from there realy.

As the story goes i had my car mapped by jabba sport last august and to cut a long story short ive not been 100% happy with it from day 1.

There are a range of problems firstly when accelerating at half throttle the car still boosts up fully then shuts of and on causing a nasty jerky drive. Secondly when comming off the power it has a tendency of coughing and jerking.

And thirdly and worst of the problems the throttle has never felt the same from day 1. Its got no responce what so ever when pulling away and it very hesiant to rev the engine when pulling away and doing hill starts etc.

A friend of mine has exactly the same car and i drove it today and you would think its a totally different car the difference it that big. His throttle is easy going and does exaclty what ur foot tells it to do every time whereas mine is just **** to put it nicely.

Anyways enough about that the reaso for the post is that ime after some suggestions of who i can go and see to get the problem sorted out and i dont want to take it back to jabba as i wouldnt trust them with my car again and the company i had in mind have now shut down so ime out of options. Idealy ide be after someone around the suffolk and norfolk area but would be prepared to travel if needed upto about 2 hours if needed so feel free to suggest anyone u think would be upto the job.

Just a little bit about the car incase u need to know its a 2000 x a3 1.8T engine code AUM with a k03s turbo, N75 j valve and sprintbooster fitted to the throttle.

Why would you not want to take it back to jabbasport? If the map has not been 100% in your mind from new, they would alter it for you FOC. Why did you not tak it back last August?
Have you had these problems you describe form day one, or have they developed? If so, it is unlikely to be the map, more likely a simple ancilliary componenet or sensor that is reeking havoc with the ECU settings.
Jabasport have been around for over 10 years and are one of the market leaders in the mapping business, and pioneers in their field. I honestly cannot believe they would had the car back to you if it drove as it now drives!!

I think you need to provide a bit more information, what car, year, miles, and what other mods if any you have. Also, if you have had problems and tried to change things what have you tried. Have you fitted any aftermarket parts since the map, eg DV's filters new N75's etc?

Jabbasport know what they are doing with maps so it is most likely not the map that is at fault. Having said that, if there is no "fault" as such, but you do not like the way the map performs or reacts to certain occurences, go tell them and they will map it out for you.
If you have added lots of stuff its causing you problems, then you maybe need to go back to the basic compnents one at a time to see what is giving the grief.

Why have you waited so long before posting about your problems and asking for advice. August is a long time ago, I think if you had gone back to Jabbasport sooner, it would have been resolved easier and long time ago.

BTW sorry, i had not read the whole thread so I can see you have added and changed some parts. Thsi is where you shold start, go back to the spec of car you had at the time of the map and get it runnign right with that spec. If you go back to the soec you had and it does nto run ok, then you have another fault! It could be a simple split hose or duff valve. Even a duff cooling sensor or maf. But Sarah is correct, it is most unlikely to be your map!

the car is a 2000 X AUM 1.8T with 73K on the clock and full ASH.

The car was completely factory standard when the map was done and like i said i knowtised the throttle was different as soon as i got in the car to drive it away but i just fort it was me who needed to get used to it.

A few weeks after it was done i started to knowtise the throttle just wasnt behaving as it should an did before the mao and there was a judder when comming off the power so i called them up and took the car back and the check it all over and put it down to a faulty MAF......but supprise supprise the problem soon come back.

So i left it a while and brought the sprintbooster to try help things but no luck then to be honest i lose my enphusiasm and got lazy i guess and just made do with driving the car as it is until i drove my mates car which is exactly the same as mine and it felt like i was driving a different car all together the difference with his throttle was so much better.

ill call them tomorow and see what the suggest.

You will not need a sprintbooster with a jabba map!! If you wanted a more responsive throttle, take it back to jabba and they will map it that way!!

I think the fault code you have ref throttle body may be a duff throttle body or perhaps just the code that shows when you have a sprint booster fitted! I have to sa I think you wansted your cash on that piece of junk. Anything that plugs into to "fool" a cars sensors into thinking something is different to what it is belongs on ebay IMO !!!

Go back to basics, car back to how it was when jabba mapped it, and if there is a still an issue, look for basic problems that will be causing it. VAg com logs will help you.

It sounds like your throttle body may be goosed. Worth looking for an 2nd had one or a mates to try. There was a guy on here that spent 3k at Audi trying to sort some problem that Audi said was a mapping problem and in the end it was down to a duff throttle body. They aint cheap though at about £280IIRC, so try a working one and see if it helps.

I reckon it is something simple enough but finding it will be a mission! ! !

But once sorted if you dont like the characteristics of your map, take it back for an adjustment. They redid one totally, 4 hours on the rollers for free after I found it was overboosting as the brand spanky new turbo I had fitted freed up a bit, all FOC! Three years later I took it back for an adjustment as they had started doing their maps a little differently (lower boost more timing) and they charged me £150. They are decent peeps and know their stuff.

My throttle body went,got a new one off ebay £140,fitted it myself and used vag-com to align it.

Reading back through the posts and your posts from last August this seems the most likely thing to look at , one overlooked so often.

It maybe unconnected to the map, sprint boster etc, but if it was on its way out, then any of these may have tipped it over the edge.

But also reading though your posts from last year, it is clear you started to add bits and bobs within afew weeks of your map, N75 valves play little effect once a car is remapped as a custom map will map the car to your particular valve. CHanging it, may well have caused you some problems or damaged something else.
It is good advice if you are having a custom map to get all your engine add ons (many of which do nothign than lighten your wallet!!) fitted and working BEFORE the map, so the map will make the most of them and work to its best. Adding things after is a bad idea!!!

I hope you get it sorted fella.