Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Flat Out

Status

Bye Guys.....Sold it!!

Just thought I would thank you all for the help and info I have had from this site over the past 12 months.

Took a deposit on the S3 last night, the car goes on Sunday.

Going to really miss it, don't think I have been this gutted since I sold my Mk3 Golf 16v Anniversary.

If you see a new shape A6 oil burner in Akoya Silver around, please try not to fly past me. Don't think I could take it.........

Cheers

Staffs
    "We don't do these things to escape life, but to stop life escaping us"

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Nooooo I saw yours and it made my mind up, not surprised it sold as quick as it did, lovely looking car. Now I have to find a nogaro blue one in as good a shape...

Status
    No your not saying bye as you still have an Audi eh?

VAG HUNTER

Status
    sad to see you leave,hope all goes well with the a6. must be gutted selling the s3
    A4 TDI S-LINE

Monkey Trainer

Status
    Which tractor are you getting? I had a new shape A6 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro for a weekend, amazing car!! Ok, off the line was nothing to scream about, but the 30-70 was astounding! Had it going down the Autobahn heading for Austria doing at 120mph, felt like I was cruising at 50 along the local ringroad.
    A3 1.8TQS: Supersport Springs and Shocks, Xenons, BMC Filter, 18" OEM TTV6's, Bailey DV, N75J and Phase 1 Custom Code.

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    good luck....you need to go out and treat yourself to a massage seat attchment now from argos...groooovy
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpaceCowboy View Post
    Nooooo I saw yours and it made my mind up, not surprised it sold as quick as it did, lovely looking car. Now I have to find a nogaro blue one in as good a shape...

Look no further!
    2001 Audi S3 l MTM Remap l 252.7bhp 432.4Nm l Forge 007P l ECS Porsche Stage 2v2 Front Brake Set-up l ECS Stage 1 Rear Brake Set-up l 18" RS4 Alloy Wheels

3rd Gear

Status
    Ash could you PM me the exact specs I'm leaning towards getting one fairly standard and yours looks like its had alot of work done!

Flat Out

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyterrier View Post
    Which tractor are you getting? I had a new shape A6 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro for a weekend, amazing car!! Ok, off the line was nothing to scream about, but the 30-70 was astounding! Had it going down the Autobahn heading for Austria doing at 120mph, felt like I was cruising at 50 along the local ringroad.

Cheers guys,

I went for the 2.0TDi in SE spec with full leather, MMI system with bluetooth phone enabled. A couple of other extras putting the new price to 29,500.

It's a late 2004 54 plate with 51,000 miles, full Audi Service History. Had a new clutch under Warranty when last serviced at 48,000.

I had it remapped last week at Chipped UK, who also did the S3. For 300 as a returning customer I now have more torque and 175bhp.

Still feels slower by miles than the S3. The bonus is the car tax and fuel consumption.

Now has the same power and performance of the 2.7, but still only costs 145.00 to tax.

On the way to the remap I averaged 56mpg. On the way back 61mpg!!!!

(was with cruise control at 65-70mph and mostly motorway).

I find I'm driving everywhere slower, which is a good thing due to our first baby coming in less than 10 weeks.......

All the best

"We don't do these things to escape life, but to stop life escaping us"